G'Day

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
luna, that's so true. I'll tell myself that every hour I have to spend with her.

my parents made the very good point that if I leave tomorrow, I'll get an extra three days for my month's notice! so yup. Going in there tomorrow with my resignation letter! *nervous but empowerered*

x_Kathy_x

Me fail English? That’s unpossible.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi girls! :D

Good luck, Miss M! You'll feel so relieved when it's over. I know what you mean about wanting to *do* something with your life. I feel like that a lot, too. Planning to live in the US for a few months next year.

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
It's a great way to look at objectionable people MM. Probably because it's definitely true! :tongue

Here's to your empowerment!:D

I'm cheering for you on the sidelines all the way.

:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

See?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I now have a new bookcase.

It's not very wide, but it's rather tall... and I intend on getting a second one at some point.

The deal-maker of this bookcase? It cost $25, and I found it about 10 minutes after saying the most I wanted to spend was $70, but was hoping for $40-50. 2 of these = plenty of space for $50.

But I only bought one right now.

I'm expecting a big bill in the next week, and I'd rather save what money I can. But I needed this one because I'm totally out of space on my current bookcase. Have been for a while... but now sis has moved out, I can put a new bookcase in her room. :)

Haven't set it up yet. I'll tackle that tomorrow night maybe... or the weekend at least.

And I hope you get one of those jobs, MissM! I know the pains of having a total fuckwit as a boss. (Not current, but 2 of the bosses I've had in the past would've qualified. My current boss is actually a really nice guy. :))

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Night Cliff!

Hope the job applications are running smoothly MM! I hate applying for jobs - especially if the have selection criteria.

Selection criteria suck more than synopses.

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
lol, Luna! I actually prefer them to synopses... you feel like you're achieving something. I've filled out so many that I'm generally very good at them, so you just tick the boxes you know they want, type thing.

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Urgh! I hate them.

I always get the ones that ask you to explain in detail a situation when...

*shudders*

I can't believe how many errors I'm finding in this ms going through it again.

Must have had my eyes in backwards the first time! Either that or fixing up the 'concept sentences' sent me cross eyed.

I'm doing a word grammar check on each chapter once I'm finished eyeballing it too.

Cross 'attention to detail' off my list of selection criteria. lol!

ETA : I think i just worked it out. i haven't been wearing my glasses today. i think having to concentrate so hard to read makes me see things more clearly...as paradoxical as that might sound.

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
lol, luna, you strange creature.

I'm sorry I didn't get to work on your MS today, I know it's agony waiting to see what your beta has said.

I'll try to do some tomorrow, and send over what I have. Then I have to get to work on the crit piece for the circle!

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Trust me, with my record of Betas... if I agonised over waiting for their responses... well my life would be one long stretch of unending agony.

Because the bastards never read it!

My ex-english teacher mate hit me up on FB today - hasn't freaking touched it. I didn't even ask her to do it! She asked me if she could read it ffs!

I give up, I'm terribly Bob Marley about the whole thing now."Don't worry...bout a thing..." lol!

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
moooooorning!

I have a large coffee, I have a USB, I have the crit circle piece and LF's MS, and I am ready to go!

What's everyone else up to today?

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Morning MM!

Me :

Pick up car...*trembles*

Transfer car over to my name at Qld Transport.

Go to chiropractor - again.

Come home and sob quietly in a corner for half an hour

Do crit write up (I read it a while ago so know what I want to say, will just skim it and write up.)

Edit ch4
Meet you guys on line. :)

Pass out from exhaustion!

I've had it with the yearling injuring me. He's big enough now, so tomorrow - they go out in the same paddock and can fight it out over their stables when they come up.

Can't take constantly being injured leading him up the stupid long way any more.

*hopes it all goes smoothly*

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm coffee...

I'm kind of paranoid right now. Mum left the house an hour early, just as I was getting up. So now I'm worried that we had Daylight Savings or something, and I just didn't realise...

Hopefully when I get to work the boss doesn't say, "You were supposed to be here an hour ago!"

*thud*

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
You put the clocks back to normal time 1st of March, don't you?

Says the Qlder who doesn't have D/L saving lol!

Are you still working at Vinnies Cliff?

Oh and how was the Australian Writers Market?

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, I'm in too much pain to be anything other than miserable and perhaps a tad cranky.:e2bummed:

Oh and tired - because the pain kept me up last night.

I am however, very appreciative of your efforts, and promise to be retrospectively excited once I see the chiro - after I stop sobbing in the corner because he hurt me ...:tongue

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
1. I'm not working at Vinnies. ;) I'm working at the Salvos. But yes, still there.

2. The AWM is a very big book. So far I've just read all the articles at the starts of each section. Surprisingly, there's a hint of humour to some of it... :) Anyway, this weekend I intend to read through all 100+ publisher listings and try to decide how I want my career to progress. One of the articles talked about how there are so many different types of publishers, and a writer can go in any number of directions. So I need to have a good think about that...

I'll probably transfer all the publishers I could feasibly work with into columns in an Excel file, to make it easier for me to navigate the different types. Instead of just operating alphabetically...

But so far, I think it has been $50 well-spent. :)

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Aww thanks MM! I am looking forward to them now - I need cheering up lol!

Sorry about the gaff Cliff!

How does the AWM compare to the stuff you find on the web?

Though honestly, I'm pretty sure going to head straight O/S to look for representation.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I used to do searches for publishers online. Google generally returned ONLY vanity and POD presses.

Seeing as how I don't intend to have to pay to be published, vanity is out. And I don't like POD very much. If I go the traditional print route, I want my books in stores, not Printed On Demand.

So the AWM with its comprehensive listing of all types of publishers is very much better than trolling Google.

As for the articles... well, they're not too different to what you might see here on AW, or maybe on a writer's blog.

Also... what does O/S mean? Old-School? Off-Site?

*confuzzled*

Zanthus

Not as crazy as he thinks
Registered
Reaction score
all that talk about a book case has made me sad i had to leave my new built in bookcase when i moved and have no book case at present and as such i only have a hand full of books
but i still got internet assess and my own story to write even if i have takne it back to world building

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Hi Cliff Face, are you sure you want to go straight to the publisher? Just wondering if it might be better to work with an agent? That seems to be what most of the websites suggest (I'm discounting agent websites for the bias). In any case, I wish you the best of luck!!