Not open for further replies.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Hmmm, I'm sure it'll still be a good play when I finally get it, but this little lecture makes me feel leery...

Walker's now given us his verdict, at length (which isn't a Wot I Think, for some reason). Very similar to Yahtzee's take. Not interested in this until it's a fiver, now - sorry, Bioware.

Ludicrum

Registered
Reaction score
Zero Punctuations weighs in.

One impression I seem to get from all sides is that the game doesn't feel like a continuation of DA:O in any sense. Not just the different main characters or new environment(s?), but the direction and feel of plot is just very markedly different.

That made me laugh. I should start watching Zero Punctuation again. I'd stopped watching it years ago because I got entirely disgusted by the fans of the show who treats everything the man says as if it were gospel and look up to him with a reverence that is borderline worship.

I know, I shouldn't let the attitude of the fans ruin the show for me, but when the fans gets really loud and obnoxious, and "how DARE you not absolutely love everything Yahtzee says you HEATHEN!" it kind of spoils the mood.

I also got annoyed with quotes from his show turning up everywhere I looked.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Yes... I think the biggest flaw is that they didn't counter expectations. If they'd named it Dragon Age: Kirkwall and gone from the start saying it was not a sequel, but an episode - then the game would have stood on its own. Then the changes would have been viewed more positively; like the combat system changes, and the AI changes.

But, since BioWare markets it as a sequel, a continuation, of DA:O the expectations which that entail can not be met by DA:2. The epic of dragon age was never put in, and thus neither the scope nor the breadth came in.

Last edited:

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Check this out. Got DA2 on PC, but not got Mass Effect 2? Well, you do now.

I am really too cynical for my own good. My first thought when seeing that was "Oh well, I guess they want to show the buyers of DA2 that they can make good games too."

The problem is, of course, is that fans of BioWare most likely already have ME2. So it is aimed at new buyers that might not be so connected to the company, and who might resist buying more BioWare games in the future. That's where my cynical thought comes in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.