Italiano!!

Lauretta

In the fantasy word.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ciliegino.dallemieparti.net
Ciao a tutti!!!
Chiunque avesse una domanda, un pensiero, o volesse scrivere in italiano puo' utilizzare liberamente questo spazio!!!

Hello all,
Just thought it would be fun to open a thread in Italian. So feel free to ask, write or do whatever you want using the Italian language. Do not be afraid to make a mistake, I'm sure your Italian is much better than my English!!!

Buona scrittura/lettura a tutti!!!!

pizza-hut-double-deep-pizza-730704.jpg

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
How do you say, "Now I'm hungry?" in Italian. :tongue

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
va bene! :)

(I haven't spoken Italiano since High School. Oh this makes me want to go back to Italia so badly!)

OneWriter

Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Laura, now that I took a second look.... that's a Pizza Hut picture!!!! Oh, no, I'm disappointed in you!!!!! Now this is what you meant to have in there:
Motorino_Pizza_385.jpg

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure your Italian is much better than my English!!!

Non é cosí! Your English's fine; my Italian's... rusty from disuse.

I once watched the Italian version of Who Wants to be a Millionnaire on RAI Uno. It was an odd experience. I felt like some sort of uncertainty principle was at work. I could either understand the questions or the answers, but not both at the same time. Lol.

Pizza (sings to a famous tune):

Mangiare Oh, Oh
Pagare Oh, no no no...

;)

Reactions: DarkWriter223

OneWriter

Ubi dubium ibi libertas
Registered
Reaction score
Ha. I see you're in Austria... I spent a whole year in Vienna watching KIKKA and not understanding a thing. Except for the Teletubbies of course, to which I had to oblige because it was the only way my baby would sit and let me spoon-feed her. Yes, now I remember, there was a German version of that show too... I wish I understood the questions, you are way ahead of me!!

Dawnstorm

punny user title, here
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, now I remember, there was a German version of that show too... I wish I understood the questions, you are way ahead of me!!

Well, I didn't understand that many questions. Answers were easier (especially since they often contained proper names, lol). And it helps to be able to read along (though the text does flash away too quickly for me to do a good job). With four years of school Italian, I could be doing better.

As for not understanding Viennese - if you were prepared for German and you get an Austrian dialect instead... Let's just say that there are plenty of dialects I don't understand.

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
ciao tutti! Ho vissuto in Italia per sei mese l'anno scorso... in Roma! Un molto bello tempo in la mia vita! Ma, la mia Italiano rimasta terribile, mi scusi :)

Lauretta

In the fantasy word.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ciliegino.dallemieparti.net
Ah che bello! Un sacco di persone che parlano italiano!!!

Dawnstorm, I haven't watched Who Wants To Be A Millionaire in ages! Don't even know who the conductor is now... My parents are big fan of it though... It's a way for them to have fun together before dinner, guessing answers and stuff.

MissMacchiato non c'e' bisogno di scusarsi, vai benissimo!

Now I'm hungry would go like: Ora ho fame! Or Che fame! Or Adesso ho fame! Or Ora Mi e' venuta fame! There are so many ways to say the same thing, ugh!

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
mille grazie!

I lived there while I completed an internship for my master's degree. It was a really interesting experience, but the best part was the weekend travel. I visited some amazing places. I really wish I'd bought more shoes in Capri especially :)

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
Firenze.... LOVED the leather. I swear, that country was hell for shopping. It took 2 friends to assist carrying all the stuff I bought there back to Roma!

MissMacchiato

Registered
Reaction score
hey Italiani!

I thought it might be fun to see if we can write a phrase to describe our books. Something not too difficult :) I'll start

La mia libra è una storia romantice. Vespera e Cabry sono cerca per le persone chi ucciso la padre delle Vespera. Piano Piano, loro innammorare :)

Dario D.

Ciao a tutti! Io non parlare MOLTO Italiano, ma sto imparando. :)
(Hi, all! I don't speak MUCH Italian, but I'm learning.)

And now, "on the phone mode":
CIAO A TUTTI! IO NON PARLARE MOLTO ITALIANO, MA STO IMPARANDO!! :D :D

Haha, I love it... I never get tired of hearing my parents' calls to Italy, when they talk (yell) to our relatives. :D (actually, not all of them over there talk like that on the phone, but it seems that most of the older ones do. It might be regional... not sure)

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
L'italiano e' une molto bella lingua, ma non mi parlo molto bene. *mangio pane e pollo* :D

How'd I do? (I don't know the keycode to have the e with the little ' on it, hence e'. :p