• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Julie McIntyre

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Did a search for this agent here, and also at Preditors & Editors, and found nothing.

Here's the deal: I have a friend who writes epic fantasy and sci-fi, and McIntyre got him sold to Del Rey. His book is coming out this December. I asked him if I could email her about possibly representing my YA sci-fi, and he said sure, so I'm SUPER excited about the possibilty of something starting to happen for me. However, since I can find no information on her, I'm kind of in the, "Is this too good to be true?" realm now. On the one hand, I can't find news one way or the other. My friend says her client list is really small because she works mostly as an editor for a publisher that normally does textbooks and non-fiction stuff (it was a publisher I'd heard of, but I can't remember which one now) and she's new to the agent thing. He found her at a conference. I figure if she sold him to Del Rey, of all places, then she must know what she's doing.

Does anyone know who this person is? Has anyone worked with her? Any information you can give me would be awesome!

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't find anything either. I'll try emailing my friend and see if he can tell me exactly what company she works for and if she has a website, because he didn't give me that.

(Boy, am I glad I posted this before submitting anything...)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Did a search for this agent here, and also at Preditors & Editors, and found nothing.

Here's the deal: I have a friend who writes epic fantasy and sci-fi, and McIntyre got him sold to Del Rey. His book is coming out this December. I asked him if I could email her about possibly representing my YA sci-fi, and he said sure, so I'm SUPER excited about the possibilty of something starting to happen for me. However, since I can find no information on her, I'm kind of in the, "Is this too good to be true?" realm now. On the one hand, I can't find news one way or the other. My friend says her client list is really small because she works mostly as an editor for a publisher that normally does textbooks and non-fiction stuff (it was a publisher I'd heard of, but I can't remember which one now) and she's new to the agent thing. He found her at a conference. I figure if she sold him to Del Rey, of all places, then she must know what she's doing.

Does anyone know who this person is? Has anyone worked with her? Any information you can give me would be awesome!

Can't you ask your friend to supply more information on her? Where she works, etc???

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
^Waiting on a reply email from said friend to that end as we speak. Erm....type. I'm hoping it's good news, but honestly I'm a bit nervous.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still no sign of any agent named Julie McIntyre.