AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agent] Julie McIntyre

[Agent] Julie McIntyre

Did a search for this agent here, and also at Preditors & Editors, and found nothing.

Here's the deal: I have a friend who writes epic fantasy and sci-fi, and McIntyre got him sold to Del Rey. His book is coming out this December. I asked him if I could email her about possibly representing my YA sci-fi, and he said sure, so I'm SUPER excited about the possibilty of something starting to happen for me. However, since I can find no information on her, I'm kind of in the, "Is this too good to be true?" realm now. On the one hand, I can't find news one way or the other. My friend says her client list is really small because she works mostly as an editor for a publisher that normally does textbooks and non-fiction stuff (it was a publisher I'd heard of, but I can't remember which one now) and she's new to the agent thing. He found her at a conference. I figure if she sold him to Del Rey, of all places, then she must know what she's doing.

Does anyone know who this person is? Has anyone worked with her? Any information you can give me would be awesome!
    BETA-ING: Cave Draconem (YA urban fantasy), 57k words
    EDITING: What The Rain Brought In (horror), 10,000 words
    WIP: Devil's Bridge (space opera), 28k

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.dreamwidth.com/

All around miscreant artemis31386's Avatar
    Hmm. Did a quick google search and found nothing. Did your friend give you a website?
    Ashley
    Website
    Twitter

The Witching Hour- Buy it Now
    Requiem: Buy it now

Nightingale available now wherever ebooks are sold

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    I tried searching with Julie McIntyre, Julia McIntyre, Julia MacIntyre and Julie MacIntyre. Nothing came up. There is a McIntyre Agency, but the agent's name wasn't Julie.
    Sleeping Beauty-inspired m/m romance : Editing.

All around miscreant artemis31386's Avatar
    An agent that leaves no trail...interesting. I don't think that's a good sign
    Ashley
    Website
    Twitter

The Witching Hour- Buy it Now
    Requiem: Buy it now

Nightingale available now wherever ebooks are sold

Yeah, I couldn't find anything either. I'll try emailing my friend and see if he can tell me exactly what company she works for and if she has a website, because he didn't give me that.

(Boy, am I glad I posted this before submitting anything...)

Stand in the Place Where You Live KTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis31386 View Post
    An agent that leaves no trail...interesting. I don't think that's a good sign
    This thread comes up, now.
    **My 6th novel, PRIDE MUST BE A PLACE, releases February 6th, 2018! (LGBTQ Young Adult)
    Get Burn Baby Burn Baby today! Now on the 2016 In the Margins Book Awards List!
    I blog
    I INSTAGRAM
    I Tweet
    I have 5 novels published. You can see them here on my Amazon Author Page

Stand in the Place Where You Live KTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoda Nightingale View Post
    Did a search for this agent here, and also at Preditors & Editors, and found nothing.

Here's the deal: I have a friend who writes epic fantasy and sci-fi, and McIntyre got him sold to Del Rey. His book is coming out this December. I asked him if I could email her about possibly representing my YA sci-fi, and he said sure, so I'm SUPER excited about the possibilty of something starting to happen for me. However, since I can find no information on her, I'm kind of in the, "Is this too good to be true?" realm now. On the one hand, I can't find news one way or the other. My friend says her client list is really small because she works mostly as an editor for a publisher that normally does textbooks and non-fiction stuff (it was a publisher I'd heard of, but I can't remember which one now) and she's new to the agent thing. He found her at a conference. I figure if she sold him to Del Rey, of all places, then she must know what she's doing.

Does anyone know who this person is? Has anyone worked with her? Any information you can give me would be awesome!
    Can't you ask your friend to supply more information on her? Where she works, etc???
    **My 6th novel, PRIDE MUST BE A PLACE, releases February 6th, 2018! (LGBTQ Young Adult)
    Get Burn Baby Burn Baby today! Now on the 2016 In the Margins Book Awards List!
    I blog
    I INSTAGRAM
    I Tweet
    I have 5 novels published. You can see them here on my Amazon Author Page

^Waiting on a reply email from said friend to that end as we speak. Erm....type. I'm hoping it's good news, but honestly I'm a bit nervous.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Still no sign of any agent named Julie McIntyre.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: