Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Ok - holiday weekend coming up and a new month - bit of advance notice but not too much... If you'd like - pm me, rep me, whatever your links to me as you finish/post your work and I'll add the links to this post for easy access.

Temptation. Tell us a story about how giving in to those guilty little pleasures, those taboo little bits of fun can go so very, very wrong, taking you on a nightmare ride you never saw coming.

From a kid swiping a candy bar from the old man at the convenience store, to blasting through traffic with your foot to the floor, or maybe it's sneaking just a peek through your new neighbor's curtainless window one night.

Give us a story that really makes us mean it when we pray "lead us not into temptation..."

Steve's story: Steel Your Virtues

Ben's story: Hard Brown

Laurie's story: Then and Now

Arkadia's story: The Singing Cave

Nathan's story: Jackie

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
What's this I see? A July prompt? And it's still June?

*looks around, suspiciously*

Y'all wouldn't be playing some kind of trick on old Haggis, would you?

Okay, I'll stickify this puppy, but I'll leave the other one up through the end of the month.

Have fun with this one. It's an evil prompt. :evil

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
What's this I see? A July prompt? And it's still June?

*looks around, suspiciously*

Y'all wouldn't be playing some kind of trick on old Haggis, would you?

Okay, I'll stickify this puppy, but I'll leave the other one up through the end of the month.

Have fun with this one. It's an evil prompt. :evil
I told her to do it, Haggis... you can toss me in the dungeon.

Wait a minute! You already stickified this one, but when I posted mine, and posted Nathan's, it took a week or so... I see how it is, you gotta be a foxy squirrel to get the attention of the demon dog around here:D

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I told her to do it, Haggis... you can toss me in the dungeon.

Wait a minute! You already stickified this one, but when I posted mine, and posted Nathan's, it took a week or so... I see how it is, you gotta be a foxy squirrel to get the attention of the demon dog around here:D

Either that or you have to wonder what she's got on him. ;)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Dogs and skwirrels are mortal enemies, but let's face it Steve, she's much better looking than you are. :D

eta: GAH!

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Ok - holiday weekend coming up and a new month - bit of advance notice but not too much... If you'd like - pm me, rep me, whatever your links to me as you finish/post your work and I'll add the links to this post for easy access.

Temptation. Tell us a story about how giving in to those guilty little pleasures, those taboo little bits of fun can go so very, very wrong, taking you on a nightmare ride you never saw coming.

From a kid swiping a candy bar from the old man at the convenience store, to blasting through traffic with your foot to the floor, or maybe it's sneaking just a peek through your new neighbor's curtainless window one night.

Give us a story that really makes us mean it when we pray "lead us not into temptation..."

I have so got this. I have to do a flash piece for a contest I'm entering, but it's due in a few days... but I have something for this. Oh yes indeed. :D

Great Prompt Laurie!!

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
My response the prompt came in the form of a flash piece I posted on my blog: Hard Brown.

http://www.benjaminsolah.com/blog/?p=2489
GAH! Nice, Ben! I read it in your blog, it was good. But one thing...

You're supposed to begin your posts with "GAH!" here. We'll let you slide, though ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Though since Effie, DeleyanLee, an earlier post of Haggis's and my own were lacking this all-important word I have no recourse but to let everyone off with a warning.:D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I found 5 stories to go with this prompt - all have links included in the first post of this thread - really good stuff guys. Good job!!

Let me know if I skipped yours/send me the link to yours if I missed it and I'll add it to the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.