What Are The Different Sizes of Three-Ring Binders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The Best Place In The World...Absolute Write!!
Hi.

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but mods, you can move it if necessary. :) Ok, my question is what the different sizes of three-ring binders are and how many sheets each binder can hold. I am writing long hand a lot and I need two binders that will hold at least 800 sheets of paper each for two more novels in case I decide to write those novels longhand before typing them. For instance, I know that a 1/2" three ring binder holds very few sheets, a 1" three-ring binder can hold up to 175 sheets, and a 2" three-ring binder, which is the one I am holding the pages of my current WIP right now, holds up to 375 pages, although I have a little more than that right now, and I know this because I've used binders of those sizes before. Question is: how many sheets can 3", 4" and 5" three-ring binders hold? I would consider a few 3" three-ring binders for my novels, to fit a whole novel in one of them. I know this question isn't about computers, eReaders, iPads or anything of that sort, but I was hoping you could help me. If you can't, it's all right.

Thanks for your help in advance
Magali

Deleted member 42

I'd go to the Web sites of Staples and Office Depot and look there.

Reaction score
I'd go to the Web sites of Staples and Office Depot and look there.

Hello, Medievalist!! Thanks for your help! I just went to OfficeDepot.com and looked up the information about sizes of three-ring binders and storage capacities of each size, and I wrote down the info on my Word Pad for future reference to know exactly what binder I'll need according to the size of the novel or novella I'm writing longhand. You're the best, and I am glad you didn't get upset with me for posting a question about three-ring binders in the tech-talk forum.

Magali.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A ream of paper is 500 sheets and is just a smidge under 2.125 (two and an eighth) inches thick. A three-inch binder should be able to handle a ream easily.

In my own experience with binding pages (regulations and updates at work), I've found that binders larger than three inches tend to be real pains in the ass, uncooperative about the clips staying aligned with use as you add pages. I'd recommend multiple three-inch binders rather than a bigger one that can hold all your pages.

Maryn, whose cleaning unearthed some empty binders only yesterday

Reaction score
Hello, Maryn!!

I am sorry I didn't respond to your response ( :ROFL: ) sooner. It was precisely at that day, June 26, 2010 that I was disconnected from the internet and I didn't get reconnected until Friday, July 9th. I am still having problems because the modem shuts itself off for no reason and then when it turns itself back on, it has a hard time connecting to the internet. It takes hours for the internet lights to show indicating that I am connected, and sometimes the lights do show, but I am not connected and when I open up the troubleshooter it tells me that my computer is trying to connect to a DNS server that doesn't exist. Whatever that means, so yeah, this still has to get taken care of.

I like your suggestion on buying multiple 3-inch binders in which to fit one novel. (Hopefully 2, three-inch binders will do the trick for one 100k-word novel written longhand, otherwise I am going to have to spend a lot of money on binders) Putting my whole 100k novel on one huge binder is not a good idea. My last novel written longhand, I only wrote half of it. Half. You know how many sheets that was? 400 sheets. Yeah, and it was a two-inch. I don't know how I fit 400 sheets in there considering that it says very clarly, "Up to 375 pages".

Thanks for your help, Maryn. You're amazing. I will take your advice.
Magali.

Status
Not open for further replies.