The Bouncy Castle in Space

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How else are you gonna hatch em if you don't sit on em to keep em warm?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

I don't sit on eggs. So, I was totally thinking of cooking them and letting them sit on the stove for a few days.

I was confuzzled.

:D

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Kitty,

I think you need a bow and arrow along with thatparasol. At least, that's how I always picture you! Nice avatar though! Parasols make me feel fancy too!

Had an idea for the contest last night, but I'm still not sure. Need to let it stew for a couple of days. I can't even write a chapter under 600 words, so this might be difficult.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kitty,

I think you need a bow and arrow along with thatparasol. At least, that's how I always picture you! Nice avatar though! Parasols make me feel fancy too!

That would be a great look for me I think :D I've actually only shot a bow and arrow once in my life, but it was pretty rad and I would do it again.

I just got a can of ice coffee that claims on the side that it contains "Coffee, Milk, Sugar, and Awesome". I just wonder if such high levels of awesome might be hazardous to my health :roll:

New bicycle is ready!!! I'm so excited! I was $5 short yesterday so I couldn't bring it home :tongue Soon it shall be mine! Woo woo! The bike rack and all the rainbow stickers are coming soon in the mail :D Now it just needs a name. It's blue and white, with one blue wheel and one mismatched white wheel, with yellow grip tape across 3/4 of the handlebars, and red grip tape on the remaining 1/4. You should have seen the poor hipster boys helping me with the bike, their lips were practically quivering in sadness as they informed me how distasteful the bike would look. Even when I reassured them that I didn't care how it looked, and in fact the uglier the better, they looked like as if non-color-coordinated parts caused them physical pain.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your bike sounds perfect!

That's what you should name it: Perfection. :D

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds a little bikedelic to me. ;)

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
–––:Jump:–––:Jump:

:Jump:––––––––––:Jump:
–––:Jump::Jump::Jump:

MorganMarshall

I keep my head firmly in the clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gutsandglorybooks.com
So, this is the bouncy castle huh? Wait till my kids hear about this! A bouncy castle that MOM can go into and they can't? Muahahahaaa!

Seriously, though... any ideas about where my thirteen-year-old can go that's family-friendly to help with her writing? She's following in my footsteps with a vengence! (Working on 20+ books at once at the moment... so proud!) Course, I call her Mini-Me for a reason!

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morgan--despite the occasional potty language, this place is pretty teen-friendly. There are a handful of 13-15 year olds on the forums. Particularly if she lets folks know she is a very young writer, people are very welcoming and encouraging.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I needs to bounce a little...

So, Big Kid is in Rome now, and all must be going well since I haven't heard otherwise.

No-longer-little Kid had a great time at the Living Museum in SF, blue morpho flutterbies and animatronic anacondas and 3 kinds of Monitor Lizards.

Mom...crunched her brand-new Solara on a concrete pillar in the underground parking garage.

*sigh* 2 out of 3 happy people is good enough, right?

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no, Judy! Sorry to here about your Solara. They make cars way too fragile, don't they? And concrete pillars way too hard.

:Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
MsJudy - maybe you should find a car that bounces, too!

Seriously, I'm sorry. I hate it when my car gets hurt, especially if I do it.

Glad the boys are doing well, though.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I have a question and I'm not sure where to post it.

The Kansas chapter of SCBWI is having a "thing", I'm not sure what you call it because it's not a regular conference, but I guess it's a conference of sorts.

Anyway, It's only Friday night and Saturday, and it seems kind of pricey to me, but I've never been to one at all so I don't know for sure.

My hubby says I can go, even though he's been out of work for months now with no prospects of things changing. I just don't know if it would be worthwhile (experience wise) to go or not. I don't know if anyone I know will be there, and I'm pretty shy in person, but maybe this will be a smaller affair.

The only agencies showing as representing there are Bookstop and Werlich-Platt (goodness, I hope I have that right, but my brain's a little frazzled right now). I don't know anything about the agents except what I've found here and on their sites.

But the author of Moon Over Manifest will be there, and I'd love to meet her.

Anyway, are these things really helpful? For both knowledge and exposure? Just meeting other kid writers would be good, but not enough to justify the expense, ya know?

Any thoughts?

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the smaller meetings are helpful. I tend to go to those simply because they work better with my busy work schedule.

I always leave feeling encouraged and inspired.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
MsJudy - maybe you should find a car that bounces, too!

Seriously, I'm sorry. I hate it when my car gets hurt, especially if I do it.

Glad the boys are doing well, though.

Kevin's idea is to make a car out of non-Newtonian fluid. Yeah, he's a geek. Cornstarch mixed with water is a non-Newtonian fluid. Touch it slowly, and it's a squishy liquid. Hit it, and it becomes a solid. You can fill a bathtub with it and run across the surface of it, but if you slow down, you'll sink like quicksand.

So he figured, if the car was like that, then it would have molded around the pillar because I was going slowly. Squish, no harm done. But if someone else ran into me, the car would turn hard and the other guy would go splat.

Now you know why he was voted Most Likely to Write a SciFi Novel.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sissy, I would be in the same quandary as you. Shy, frugal, and wondering if it's worth it. But you have to ask yourself, "When's the last time I did something for ME?" I bet you are always taking care of everyone else except yourself, right? It's what us mothers do best. I can empathize with the money issue, but a year later you won't think about the cost, you'll remember the great experience. I say go for it!

*disclaimer: I can't tell you whether it will be worth it or not because I've never been to one. I'm too shy, frugal and never do anything for myself. One of these days, though....

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
Can we put a pool of non-Newtonian fluid in the bouncy castle? Can we? Please?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I did not know AW had a bouncy castle... hmmm... thinks about hopping in.