The Bouncy Castle in Space

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Sheeesh, I hate computers and technology.

Jed - sorry about the black hole, even if it was of the mini variety.

I still don't know what I did or how I did it. I was just so caught up in the bouncing thing that I went a little haywire, I guess.

But I'm HAPPY that everyone is having so much fun!

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Smish, the hand of Justice! If I ever find myself on the wrong side of the law, I know who my phone call will go to!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm camping! But my campground has exc3ll3nt cell reception. It also has wireless but i havent brought my computer :D we are having fun. We brought our slightly prissy friend and her slightly prissy 7 yr old on a 2 night campout and i am pleased to say they've had a really nice time. Today we went to the beach on Coronado Island in San Diego and it was all lovely. And now the grownups are off to a very small microbrewery that we like that is down the road. Hooray camping! Hooray beer!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
wow. I wish I could go camping at a beach. another day of 108 degree temp. the lakes are all down, and the bigger ones are having problems with red algae blooms and tiger mussel infestations. I'm staying away from them for now.

a trip to the mountains sounds so good right about now.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Been a good couple of days for me. Over the past three days I've averaged about 1,000 words a day bringing me up to close to 16,000 words. Hitting 60,000 (the target goal) by September doesn't seem so hard now!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, Kitty - but you're always taking fun trips and making the rest of us jealous. :D

Congrats playgroundking! :TheWave:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm back from my camping trip. One of our better ones: now that older son can drive and younger son is almost a teenager, they don't get on each other's nerves so much any more. Everybody stayed mellow... Endless games of solitaire WITHOUT A COMPUTER! Wood fires, roasted marshmallows, sightseeing... very relaxing. I feel recharged and ready to dive back into the revisions. Plus last night I started typing up notes for my next WIP and realized I already know quite a lot about what happens. Not exactly an outline, but definitely more clarity than I usually have.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go playground king! You are on a roll.

Welcome back, Judy! Glad you had a fun trip. Sometimes it's so invigorating to get away.

Is your new WIP something completely new? Or are you continuing your existing story?

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome playgroundking!

Sissybaby, I feel your pain. The heat's not relenting here either.

I hope you're having fun camping Kitty!

And Judy, I'm glad to hear you had a good time on your trip!

:)

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments everyone. It's amazing how one chapter can be so draining (take a week or more to write) but once you get past it how recharged you feel. And congrats on the wicked trip Jud!

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't written quite as much as playground king, and not nearly as much as spiral, but I am happy to say that I've made some progress on my WIP this weekend. Recently, I've been spending most of my time doing revisions, which is important but not nearly as much fun as writing new material.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Is your new WIP something completely new? Or are you continuing your existing story?

It's sort of a companion piece. New characters but the same Dickensian setting. Agatha's characters may have a few cameos. If all goes well, there will be a third book that brings together characters from the first two... But I'm writing this second one to stand alone, in case Agatha doesn't sell.

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
I traveled back to 2010 for a bit here in the BC, so if any of you get odd reps, you're in for some time travel too. :)

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this seems like I'm bragging, I'm really not. But today has just been amazing. I have written close to 3,000 words for my WIP! I'm beyond ecstatic. After passing that chapter everything just seems to feel so new and fresh and exciting again! I guess all that's left to do is my first ever bounce!

:Jump:

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't written quite as much as playground king, and not nearly as much as spiral, but I am happy to say that I've made some progress on my WIP this weekend. Recently, I've been spending most of my time doing revisions, which is important but not nearly as much fun as writing new material.

Revisions are not nearly so gratifying. I love to see the word count go up, and sometimes go down. But changing a few words, or moving scenes about, there's just not that sense of accomplishment.

I'm sorry if this seems like I'm bragging, I'm really not. But today has just been amazing. I have written close to 3,000 words for my WIP! I'm beyond ecstatic. After passing that chapter everything just seems to feel so new and fresh and exciting again! I guess all that's left to do is my first ever bounce!

:Jump:

I'm glad you are posting your progress. It's inspiring!

:Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Bouncing improves the quality of my writing. :)