The Bouncy Castle in Space

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yayy, Judy! Can't wait to read Agatha! You know I may not be quick about it, but I've been with her since the beginning, so I can't turn down the opportunity to read it. :D

And glad your friend is safe. :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

Spiral, I hope you were able to get to sleep! If not, I hope you get to sneak in a nap today. :e2yawn:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
My second edit through for Playground King is going good, so far I've cut 7,000 words in without losing story (I was at 90,000 I'm at 83,000 now) and I still have a good 13 chapters left so I might even be able to get close to 70,000! My goal is to get to 75,000 but anything less is good too.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, smish, you wrote the crazy prompt that inspired Agatha, so you're...her midwife? Her fairy godmother? I'm searching for the right metaphor here...

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

I'd better be listend on the acknowledgements page when she's published. :D

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Sheila! I'm glad to be back. Good luck with your rewrite! My husband has been really sick, and I've been a huge stress bag. He has parahyperthyroidism (yeah...I have no idea how to spell that) and for a while they thought he had pancreatic cancer. But we've just found out that's it's celiac disease that's caused the whole thing. I'm so grateful that it's something controllable.

And Judy, I'll be your eleventh sale:)

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what parahyperthyroidism is, or celiac disease, but wow, what a relief it's not pancreatic cancer. Isn't that the one that got Patrick Swayze? And Steve Jobs? If one of the world's richest men can't beat it, well, that's a very scary one.

I can't imagine how stressed you must have been. I hope your hubby is on the mend.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, pancreatic is bad because apparently by the time you show symptoms it's too late for anything more than getting your affairs in order.

Celiac just means he can't eat anything with gluten in it. So I have to learn to make bread all over again. (among other things) And the kids need to get tested, because it's hereditary. But yes, he's starting to feel better now. And again, thank you!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
spiral, that's such good news. celiac disease is a pain, but manageable.

my sister is seriously lactose intolerant, and her best friend has celiac. they go to restaurants together, and just announce to the waiter first thing, We're going to be your problem children.

but when a waiter really makes sure nothing has dairy or gluten, they do tip well!

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
For sure, restaurants are going to be a challenge. Of course, the good (expensive) ones have no problem catering to all sorts of food issues, but your everyday casual restaurant could very well be hit or miss! Good thing I'm learning to enjoy being in the kitchen (something that even two years ago I never thought would happen) because I think I'm going to be in there a lot!!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Spiral, sounds like a stressful time. I'm glad your husband is starting to feel better, and that the dx is something you can deal with.

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
My 12 year old nephew has celiac. He's also type 1 diabetic. I'm happy to say he's going great! :)

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Bouncing in to say hello! Sorry I've been absent from AW. Believe it or not, I've been working hard on subs. :) Fingers crossed!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Alanna! can't type with crossed fingers, so my ankles are crossed for you.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My 12 year old nephew has celiac. He's also type 1 diabetic. I'm happy to say he's going great! :)

Yay! So glad he's doing well. :TheWave:

So, did he love Uncle Tim's book? I bet he did! :D

Bouncing in to say hello! Sorry I've been absent from AW. Believe it or not, I've been working hard on subs. :) Fingers crossed!

Fingers and toes crossed! :D

But you'd better bounce in to say hello more often. Or else. :rant:

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much Jud! Don't fall over all crossed and stuff! :) Check out my pic, I found these goggles in a small store in Northern California and had to take a picture on my cell for AW ;)

Thank you Smish! Sorry for being absent. It won't happen again. (Backs slowly away from angry kitty)

Librarykelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, pancreatic is bad because apparently by the time you show symptoms it's too late for anything more than getting your affairs in order.

Celiac just means he can't eat anything with gluten in it. So I have to learn to make bread all over again. (among other things) And the kids need to get tested, because it's hereditary. But yes, he's starting to feel better now. And again, thank you!

Hi Spiral. I'm fairly new around here and I don't mean to but in, but I have Celiac and it gets better, I promise! I eat rice bread that I buy at the store. It just becomes a way of life. Ask me anything you'd like, IF you'd like.