The Bouncy Castle in Space

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody read the "Guardians of Gahoole" series? The books didn't look that interesting, but I saw the 3D trailer the other day, and it seemed a bit awesome.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody read the "Guardians of Gahoole" series? The books didn't look that interesting, but I saw the 3D trailer the other day, and it seemed a bit awesome.

My sons have read these, they are very popular. My older son said the first one was great, full of action, etc., but then the later ones got kind of boring. I read the first one a long time ago and I thought it was good.

I'm sorry, that's probably not too helpful, but I hurt my back and I just can't bounce today.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
I was at a carnival once and the bouncy house collapsed

That's really sort of terrifying! But it would make a great story starter. What if the castle collapsed, and when they finally got all the kids out, one of them was MISSING!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
That's really sort of terrifying! But it would make a great story starter. What if the castle collapsed, and when they finally got all the kids out, one of them was MISSING!

ooh, creepy...

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score

My older son quit halfway through the first book, said it was boring. My younger son did finish the first book, but didn't like it well enough to read the rest of the series. But they've sold well, and I assume the boring bits got cut when they wrote the movie script.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Writing Prompt Time!! :hooray:

August Prompt brought to you by smish (who will be along shortly to tell you the prompt).

post your work in the kid lit section of SYW by the end of the month. smish will choose the next person to do a prompt for September.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Writing Prompt Time!! :hooray:

August Prompt brought to you by smish (who will be along shortly to tell you the prompt).

post your work in the kid lit section of SYW by the end of the month. smish will choose the next person to do a prompt for September.

You can find the thread with the prompt here. However, post your responses in the Share Your Work section. Have fun! :D

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, smish, for the fun prompt!

And by the way, smish-in-the-real-world has a job that's driving her nuts, so everybody needs to send her milkshakes and brownies. And hugs.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, smish, for the fun prompt!

And by the way, smish-in-the-real-world has a job that's driving her nuts, so everybody needs to send her milkshakes and brownies. And hugs.

Thanks, Judy. :)

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sending Smish the inflatable giant hammer my son brought home from the amusement park - it's very cathartic to pound things with and inflatable hammer. My kids keep asking where it went - heh heh.

And brownies, I'll send those too.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sending Smish the inflatable giant hammer my son brought home from the amusement park - it's very cathartic to pound things with and inflatable hammer. My kids keep asking where it went - heh heh.

And brownies, I'll send those too.

Oohhh... giant hammer. Yes, I want that!

And brownies are always welcome. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I sent Smish some milkshake and brownies, plus, as this really did require them, some dancing bananas :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Just don't drink the milkshake whilst bouncing. Oh the mess it could cause :D

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sent Smish some milkshake and brownies, plus, as this really did require them, some dancing bananas :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Just don't drink the milkshake whilst bouncing. Oh the mess it could cause :D

Thanks, Jed. :D

Now, I want a banana milkshake... I may have to run to Sonic!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Smish,

Enjoy these brownies and banana milkshake, and I threw in some fish-shaped cookies I'm baking for VBS. You should come down from your sugar high in no more than a week or so.

Seriously, thank you so much for the August prompt. Have never participated in one of these, and I didn't think I could do it. Haven't written a short story since high school days centuries ago. But I did it! And even though it was long, it was an actual story with a beginning, middle, and end, whether good or bad.

So I'm deliriously happy and thank you again, so much, babble, babble, babble because I'm just so excited I know I can actually do this. But it may never happen again.

Anyway, did I say thanks? Well, thanks again anyway. Oh, and it's really fun reading everyone's entries. Such creative minds around here.

Sissy

Sissy

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so thrilled to see the number of people who are participating in the prompt! I have a lot of reading to do!! Yay!
:hooray:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know! I haven't written a response yet, and I wrote the prompt! They're all making me feel like a big slacker. :D

Sissy: we're going to have different prompts every month, and Judy's creating the one for next month, so I'm sure it'll be tons of fun!

And thanks for the fish-shaped cookies. As long as they don't actually taste like fish, I'll happily accept them. Thank you!

:)Smish

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I know! I haven't written a response yet, and I wrote the prompt! They're all making me feel like a big slacker. :D
well, we need somebody to read them all!

Sissy: we're going to have different prompts every month, and Judy's creating the one for next month, so I'm sure it'll be tons of fun!
Oh, sure, way to put the pressure on...

*scurry, scurry, scurry* I know there's a good idea around here somewhere...

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Brainpick! : my 6th grade characters are mortified that one of their dorkier teammates is wearing t-shirts that are only suitable for little kids and not mature middle schoolers. One is a "Toolbox Ted" t-shirt, and the other is a "Kenny the Koala" t-shirt. Most real cartoons don't have that long of a shelf life, so I made them up. Do those sound suitably babyish? If not, got any better ideas? The babyish-er the better!

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*scurry, scurry, scurry* I know there's a good idea around here somewhere...

Ha! Stew put me on the spot. You, on the other hand, get a few weeks. So, it had better be good. :D

hehe.

Brainpick! : my 6th grade characters are mortified that one of their dorkier teammates is wearing t-shirts that are only suitable for little kids and not mature middle schoolers. One is a "Toolbox Ted" t-shirt, and the other is a "Kenny the Koala" t-shirt. Most real cartoons don't have that long of a shelf life, so I made them up. Do those sound suitably babyish? If not, got any better ideas? The babyish-er the better!

:roll:

Yes, those are suitably babyish! For sure. Kenny the Kitten may be a bit more babyish, though. :rolleyes:

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Yes, those are suitably babyish! For sure. Kenny the Kitten may be a bit more babyish, though. :rolleyes:

Ha! Kitten! That's even worse. It's like Spot the Dog, only much much so. :D Cheers!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
They do sound suitably babyish. I do like the Kitten suggestions too. :D
Ha! Kitten! That's even worse. It's like Spot the Dog, only much much so. :D Cheers!
Okay, there is nothing wrong with Spot the Dog. Just check my profile. Spot the Dog is awesome. How could you say it is not? :rant:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
He's a boy, right, Kitty? Because girls are "cute" when they still wear little girl stuff like monkeys and kittens. But for boys...yeah.

Everybody talks about how girls pick on each other about clothes, but the boys really are just as harsh, if not harsher. I had a first-grader reduced to tears because the other boys hassled him for wearing a pink shirt. My sons won't even wear a polo shirt or anything with buttons, 'cause those are for dorks...

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
There was a boy in my son's class, a few years ago, (sixth grade) who wore a Batman shirt and got pounded for it. Batman?! Isn't Batman cool?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
My boys are 7 and 5 years old and wouldn't be caught dead in something that had a kitten a koala or a "ted the toolbox". (that last one seriously cracks me up).

they're all about monster trucks, super mario and sports.