The Bouncy Castle in Space

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
:roll: If he ever starts getting forgetful, I will ask for the recipe (Secret ingredients from grandmother) and hopefully he will forget he told me!! :ROFL: I should be ashamed!!

:ROFL::ROFL:Honey just make sure he gives you the right recipe. My grandparents raised my younger brother and I and my grandmother used to also bake a secret banana bread :tongue.

One time I caught her digging through her piles of recipes and asked her what she was looking for. She said she was looking for a banana bread recipe for the ladies at the church.

I told her, you make it all the time don't you know what you put into it. She said sure I do, but if I give them MY recipe then their banana bread would be as good as MINE.:evil :roll:

She sould have been ashamed. (Women)

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Hey---everyone's got their own little secrets!! :ROFL:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who refuses to give out her recipe for enchilada sauce. She will literally make a batch of sauce for friends or family, allowing them to make their own enchiladas and use her sauce, but NO recipe!

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a friend who refuses to give out her recipe for enchilada sauce. She will literally make a batch of sauce for friends or family, allowing them to make their own enchiladas and use her sauce, but NO recipe!
That drives me NUTS! I have a friend who absolutely refuses to give out her recipes. So I google them and find most of them on allrecipes.com, then make them when she comes for dinner :)

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
It's because it's from a can...

While this is funny, I know it isn't true. She is hispanic and very traditional when it comes to her cooking. I've seen her make most everything, but she always hides certain ingredients or doesn't tell the amounts. It's okay. I've made my own recipe for enchilada sauce that I like better than hers. No one else does, but I love it! My husband came up with his own too, which is simply awesome!

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
While this is funny, I know it isn't true.

I've made my own recipe for enchilada sauce that I like better than hers. No one else does, but I love it! My husband came up with his own too, which is simply awesome!

That's more important anyway!:D

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

I'm super awesome! Tomorrow I am off to England for ten days--a wedding and lots of being a tourist. Woo!

Just taught my last adaptive ski lesson for the season. My nine year old student was a super smart little guy. He said he liked math so we were quizzing him on the chair lift--he could do fractions and decimals and even algebra, solving for X, in his head. I would have quizzed him on geometry but we didn't have anything to write on. He didn't know what "squared" meant, like 3[SUP]2[/SUP] and when I told him, I was halfway through my explanation when he interrupted me to gleefully square a bunch a of numbers.

Oh yeah, I got him skiing independently too :) It's well worth it to ski backwards all afternoon getting weird looks for shouting "Make a pizza! Bigger pizza!", when a kid realizes they just skied all by themselves. (We teach kids with disabilities, and almost all of them have some physical or cognitive (or both) difficulties with balance or strength or coordination. So unlike other kids, they usually can't ski without help when they start out.)

I just have to finish sewing a shirt before I go on this trip. Wish me luck! :poke:

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yayy, Kitty! Have fun in England. I haven't been in years, so I'm jealous. :D

(And don't even try to quiz me on anything math related. *shudders*)

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: how's everyone?

In the midst of winter doldrums, sadly. But happy you stopped in!

I'm :Jump: okay, :Jump: how :Jump: are :Jump: you :Jump: ?

Smish, I love your bouncy posts!

:hi:

I'm super awesome! Tomorrow I am off to England for ten days--a wedding and lots of being a tourist. Woo!

So unlike other kids, they usually can't ski without help when they start out.

Kitty, I'm so jealous. Have a great trip.

I think there is no high like accomplishment - it must be so great to see these kids learn such a fun skill!

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kitty, I'm so jealous. Have a great trip.

I think there is no high like accomplishment - it must be so great to see these kids learn such a fun skill!

Yes, I love my students! Sometimes if they can't express themselves very much, when they realize they are really doing it by themselves they will throw their hands in the air and squeal with joy. That always makes me happy.

I had a little four year old student (!!) with ataxia (trouble walking) and speech problems. She was wearing a little fluffy pink snowsuit, and I told not to worry about falling, because she was a little pink marshmallow, and if she fell her soft pink marshmallow powers would cushion her fall and it wouldn't hurt. When she inevitably fell over, I picked her up. As I was dusting the snow off her, she looked really impressed and I heard her murmur in a very awed tone, "pink marshmallow power..." It made my day. :D

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Pink marshmallow power." That is too freaking cute.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
i really, really, really want super pink marshmallow powers.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pink marshmallow powers are especially useful if you are like me (or my student) and you fall over a lot :D

jtrylch13

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Kitty, I could sure use some pink marshmallow power when I ski! It's fun, but I'm terrified of anything steeper than a green hill. Even then I panic a little! I'm so jealous you're going to England! I was just looking up spring break options for my family and came across European Cruises. I would so love to go, but simply out of the budget. Have fun!