The Bouncy Castle in Space

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I went out to lunch with my husband and kids, and we took a brief detour into a local bookstore to see if they had the book, and they did, which was exciting.

They also had Laurie's book, on the "HOT NEW MG" shelf- whoop!!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I found School for Minions at B&N and was super excited to get a copy of my own! With a cover! And illustrations! *bounces around*

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Hi, all. I'm Anne *waves*. Mind if I hang out here? Seems like there's lots of energy on this thread. I've had a bunch of MG and YA stories pubbed (Jack & Jill, Rainbow Rumpus, Frostfire Worlds, etc.), and two MG novels. My first chapter book, LAUNCHING THE LUNCHROOM, has an expected fall 2015 release.

Always looking to get to know more writers!

SuperKate

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidbooklist.com
Hi, all. I'm Anne *waves*. Mind if I hang out here? Seems like there's lots of energy on this thread. I've had a bunch of MG and YA stories pubbed (Jack & Jill, Rainbow Rumpus, Frostfire Worlds, etc.), and two MG novels. My first chapter book, LAUNCHING THE LUNCHROOM, has an expected fall 2015 release.

Hi Anne! Welcome and congrats on the chapter book! I will definitely keep an eye out for it!

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score

Hi Anne! Nice to meet you :)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, hey, hey! I'm bouncing because my book is out today!!

Dr. Critchlore's School for Minions was born here, from Smish's monthly prompts, and I struggled through multiple openings in the Share Your Work section. I am so grateful for the help I received here. I wouldn't have done it without AW and you guys. Let's party!!

:PartySmil

That is the most awesome news, congratulations. :TheWave:

Welcome to the watercooler and the kidlit gang, Anne. :welcome:

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
My cover was revealed today for book two QUEST MAKER in my Last Dragon Charmer series! It's linked here if you all would like to take a look.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
My cover was revealed today for book two QUEST MAKER in my Last Dragon Charmer series! It's linked here if you all would like to take a look.
Oh, it looks lovely, Laurie! Goes really well with the first one—but looks more intense. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! :D

What's everybody working on these days?

I'm eager to get back to working on my clockpunk novel, but for the next couple of weeks, I'm snowed under with a day job deadline. And family is coming this weekend; we've been asked to host a barbecue. And the following weekend, I'm getting ready for a birthday party. I don't know if anyone remembers The Baby Shower that took us three weeks to make decorations for and ran us hundreds of dollars.... but this is those babies' (she had twins) first birthday party. It's Star Wars themed, so I think I have to figure out how to make a Star Destroyer cake. *sigh* Wish me luck (at least this time, I'll be doing it without a concussion).

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
It makes me kind of sad that the kiddielit forum is one of the quietest on AW. Are there so few of us or are we too busy to chat?

Whatever the case, here's wishing everyone a joyous, Krampus-free holiday season! May the New Year bring us many completed manuscripts, many offers of rep, and tons of publishing deals!

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
It makes me kind of sad that the kiddielit forum is one of the quietest on AW. Are there so few of us or are we too busy to chat?

Whatever the case, here's wishing everyone a joyous, Krampus-free holiday season! May the New Year bring us many completed manuscripts, many offers of rep, and tons of publishing deals!

Same here!! The YA forum is so chatty! And here it's like crickets...

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
It's been like this for over a year now. Everyone sort of just... disappeared. I think it's a kidlit thing for sure. Even the Blueboard website is crickets. I wonder why. :Shrug:

paddismac

Parasite free since '09
Registered
Reaction score
Well, maybe all the kidlit peeps are landing so many multi-book deals that they're too busy to check in between signings and interviews and lunches with the First Lady... or something.

One can dream! :greenie

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
Well, maybe all the kidlit peeps are landing so many multi-book deals that they're too busy to check in between signings and interviews and lunches with the First Lady... or something.

One can dream! :greenie

Well I KNOW it's not me! My MG novel got 98-ish rejections and I havn't written another one. Meanwhile I twiddle my thumbs waiting for my adult contemporary fantasy to come out and FINALLY edited a YA/NA novella... and I'm never writing romance again! OMG! It was horrible! It came out! But this is why I like MG!! No romance required!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
It's been like this for over a year now. Everyone sort of just... disappeared. I think it's a kidlit thing for sure. Even the Blueboard website is crickets. I wonder why. :Shrug:

I know I rarely post here any more and used to be more active - for me, it has to do with getting much more involved with the kid-lit community on Twitter. I think that might be the case for some others as well? I don't have time for all the social media/message board things that exist out there, and I got Twitter-active through contests and sort of stayed there.

Last edited:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I've had a bit of a rough year with health issues, so that's why I haven't been around much. But, here's hoping 2016 will be better for the Kidlit gang. Happy New Year, everyone.