The Bouncy Castle in Space

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that's awesome, sissybaby! What a brave kid, to have his first recital be such a huge one. You should be proud. It's so great to watch your kids do something hard, and seeing that look of accomplishment, and relief, on their faces.

My boys have two weeks off for Spring Break this year. TWO WEEKS! Starting tomorrow. I don't know what I'm going to do with them, but I bought this card game called Once Upon A Time, and I hope we play it at least once. It's a story-telling game. So, there's fifteen minutes taken care of . . .

killdeer

Registered
Reaction score
He did great! Got lost a couple of times but managed to find his place and start again, and even went up and thanked the conductor afterwards. (he was the only one I saw do this so I was a very proud momma.)

I thought for sure it was going to be a total train wreck, but he pulled it off. Now he should be able to handle a regular recital without any sweat. Although he assured me he was sweating plenty during the performance.

What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing it.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
I thought for sure it was going to be a total train wreck, but he pulled it off. Now he should be able to handle a regular recital without any sweat. Although he assured me he was sweating plenty during the performance.

Good for him! :banana: I absolutely love the writing-an-inspirational-message-on-hand strategy. Maybe I'll try that next time I have to do something scary!

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Sissy, that's wonderful! It's so exciting seeing children overcome their fears and accomplish something major like this. It's not just the recital, it's the experience that he did something that was so challenging, and succeeded. That is something he can carry with him into so many future experiences.

You must be so proud. I can feel your thrill and excitement. Congrats to your son!!!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all so much! I am a proud mama. Even though he's now officially taller than me (his biologicals were good-sized folks).

We have another huge challenge coming up next weekend, but he's making so much headway I can hardly believe what I'm seeing.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm bouncing today, too. :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: I noticed a dog a few days ago that seemed to need help. I realized that his owner was keeping him outside, on a short chain, with no shelter, 24 hours a day, every day. Even during severe storms and single-digit wind chills at night. I went to the government building that houses the city ordinance book and spent a couple hours figuring out what specific ordinances were being violated so that I could cite the law (to ensure that I wouldn't be blown off). Within a few hours, the dog was no longer chained outside. I'm not sure if he was seized by officials (if he was, the local shelter is no-kill, fortunately) or if his owner took him indoors or found a new home for him. I just hope he's being cared for properly now.

I just don't understand how people can be cruel to animals. :(

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sprrrrrrriiiiiiingggggg breeeeeeaaaaaak!

good job on saving a pup smishy!

i'm wrapping up happy hour, skiing all weekend, 2 days of doing homework, then off to rainy oregon to see my folks. woo!

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Good job, smish. The world needs more folks like you. I can't abide cruelty or neglect. Hopefully that pup got a new home where he'll be cared for properly.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, ick, Smish. I've had a neighbor like that. Good for you for being a hero and saving that puppy. The world needs more people like you.

Have fun, Kitty!!!

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What do you think...

about a Spring writing contest in the kidlit room? ;)

Yay? Nay? Would you enter? Would you vote? Do you have suggestions for prizes? Let me know your thoughts. :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

(ETA: And don't worry. Even if we have a Spring contest, we'll still have the Back-to-School Contest at the end of Summer.)

Last edited:

DavidBrett

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidbrettandrews.wordpress.com
Well done Smish, the world needs more caring individuals like you.

I wouldn't mind a spring contest now I can actual sit at my laptop without my ribs going kablooie!

Which is just as well, because...

A) I might have a writing gig with an independent comics company. Details are still vague, but the co-owner seemed really positive about me joining the team. It's not upfront pay, but about 20% of the profits (if any). If anything I write DOES get published, hopefully I can add that to my list of writing credits. Or use it to start one.

B) It's my birthday! I'm 26, and still as daft-yet-dashing as ever :D

Dave

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm sorry for disappearing, but I have a new MG idea which means I might be trawling this part of the forums again. :D

summerb

Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, David! 26 is a fabulous year, especially for the dashing (if daft) :D

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure, here or the MG thread. Unless you're posting a section of your story; then it needs to be in Share Your Work. Or if you want help brainstorming, you may be better off in the Sand Box section. :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OK. I want comments on it because I'm not sure whether to work on it for Camp WriMo or the bottom idea in my siggy.

A series/collection of books. In each one, two kids - one from now, one from a historical period, swap via some form of time travel.