The Bouncy Castle in Space

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, thanks, Judy.

Actually, he's been all over the morning talk shows, so I am familiar with it, I just didn't know what it was called so I didn't make the connection.

Update on dance:

He left here with plans to be gone no more than an hour. Stayed the whole time and was flushed and happy when he got home. He said he danced, but he said all the kids just kind of hopped around and waved their arms (must already be familiar with the Gangnam style).

Then he said, "I tried to slow dance with TJ, but I just couldn't pull it off." But he was in a great mood and obviously enjoyed himself.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad he had fun, Sissy. It always used to amaze me when my highly logical (and definitely a bit on the spectrum) son went to high school dances and had a blast. We think they are so predictable, but sometimes a different side to their personality comes out when they're with their peers.

Gangnam style is hilarious. I guess they're not doing the Bernie any more...?

Just noticed I recently passed 1000 posts without noticing, and am now "splendid to behold", LOL.

Daughter and her roommate are here--first trip home since she started college in August. They're full of funny stories about all their shenanigans in Chicago. Like the time their second-hand TV broke. They decided to buy a new one, and couldn't resist the one encased in a giant stuffed zebra:
Zebra_tv_front.jpg

The only problem was, they forgot they had to bring it home on the el.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He left here with plans to be gone no more than an hour. Stayed the whole time and was flushed and happy when he got home. He said he danced, but he said all the kids just kind of hopped around and waved their arms (must already be familiar with the Gangnam style).

Then he said, "I tried to slow dance with TJ, but I just couldn't pull it off." But he was in a great mood and obviously enjoyed himself.

LOL! And awww.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I have never seen anything like that zebra tv. would have loved being on the el while they transported him home. Must have been a very giggly experience.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is a bizarre TV!

This sickness is kicking my butt. I literally just spent 13 hours trying to write a 1 page lesson plan about children looking at snails. :e2thud:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Parent-teacher conferences start tomorrow.

And I have laryngitis.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Parent-teacher conferences start tomorrow.

And I have laryngitis.

Tea, with lots of honey and lemon! And communicate via pantomime :D I'm feeling a bit better except what I suspect is an ear infection. I'm off to urgent care this afternoon :Shrug:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Tea, with lots of honey and lemon!
Plus add a drop of whiskey to it, too. :D
And communicate via pantomime :D I'm feeling a bit better except what I suspect is an ear infection. I'm off to urgent care this afternoon :Shrug:
Hope you all get better. I'd give you all a hug, but I don't want to catch anything. So a simple wave from a distance. :D :hi:

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
A DROP of whiskey? My grandmother usually added about a fourth cup. Sure did the job when my sister had the measles. I wonder how many times my grandmother's remedies resulted in a drunken child.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*shares out whiskey, for medicinal purposes of course*

I've got antibiotics! And ear drops! And currently feeling only moderately wretched! I've got to student teach in the morning or else I would just lurk around all day at work trying to stay out of trouble.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on passing 1,000 posts, Ruth!

Good luck with the P-T conferences, Judy. You are probably going to have no voice left after today, huh?

Kitty, I hope "moderately wretched" is soon upgraded to "feeling fine!"

I had a major "what is wrong with people" moment this weekend. I was watching my son's AYSO game, and some parents were upset with the officiating. Now, these refs are volunteers, who take classes on their own time to do this. And these parents were yelling stuff like, "The ref is an idiot" and, even worse, "the ref is an a**hole!" - at a kid's soccer game! Nice example. I would have said something, but the field is right next to the skate park, and I was feeling very mellow after sitting in a cloud of sweet-smelling smoke the entire game. Veryyyy mellowwwww.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Hope you are soon back to 'normal' Kitty. I would whine and call in sick.

Sheila - thanks for the early morning giggle. Parents can sometimes be such wonderful examples to their children. Probably why the skate park made you feel so nice.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
This is my 1,000th-post bounce.

I need at least one bounce, today. Other things have not gone well, and the weekend promises to be stressful. I never thought I'd be looking forward to a Monday rolling around. Bleh.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on post 1000! Hope the weekend isn't as bad as you expect.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! Hope it's not nearly that stressful. Eat some chocolate.

And congratulations on the 1,000 mark. You know - I never even noticed when I reached that milestone. I'm such an airhead.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Things have gotten slightly less stressful. I was going to have to spend a night I need to be working, out buying a birthday present for someone I don't know... but now I get to go in with a group on a more expensive but already purchased gift. Whew.

sissybaby said:
You know - I never even noticed when I reached that milestone. I'm such an airhead.

Mostly, I was waiting to see if my little line beneath my username ever changed... but I guess not. I'll have to think of something to put there.

Last edited:

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Silly Dragon!

I was about to irrationally blame Sheila for spilling sharks all over the place.