Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 106 of 209 FirstFirst ... 631568196100101102103104105106107108109110111112116131156181206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 5217

Thread: The Bouncy Castle in Space

I keep my head firmly in the clouds MorganMarshall's Avatar
    Been busy doing the mom thing, but popping in to say Merry Christmas! Oh, and my favorite is by far A Christmas Story. (Though tonight we watched A Christmas Carol). :-)
    "We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today." ~ Stacia Tauser

WIP:

Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

practical experience, FTW MsJudy's Avatar
    Amarie has an evil kitteh...
    represented by Jenny Bent of the Bent Agency. Most happy.

The kitteh is having a terrific holiday. The decorations, the tree and the ribbons and bows on the presents are all suffering from her enjoyment. She makes ninja runs at the presents with bows, dashing by and ripping them off to carry to her lair behind the tree. There will be one sad kitty when it all gets put away.

practical experience, FTW sissybaby's Avatar
    Amarie - love the kittehs, especially at this time of year. One of mine loves to knock the little balls off the tree and knock them around the house during the night. Always have to be careful where we step in the morning. The older one waited until the gifts were in place, then decided she wanted to sleep beneath it. Half the gift-wrapping was torn or had holes yesterday morning! Now that under the tree is empty, she's lost interest.

My dog was absolutely certain that every present was for her. She went from person to person, sticking her head into each gift bag and having a good sniff before letting anybody open one! Not that she found anything she wanted... We learned a long time ago that you can't hide a tennis ball or puppy toy from a terrier.

She was our source of Christmas miracles, though. She's very shy and neurotic and protective of me and my sons, so having guests over has been a real problem since we got her. Lots of barking and snapping at heels...

We've been working on it, taking her to the dog park and trying to get my sons' friends to feed her bits of cheese and such, but nothing seems to work. So yesterday...she comes home from her walk, hops up on the couch next to my brother-in-law, curls up against his leg and proceeds to let him pet her! Earlier she'd been bringing him her new ball and sitting at his feet until he threw it for her.

Only took her 5 years to warm up to him...

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas DavidBrett's Avatar
    I ain't dead!!

.... I think...?
    Mr Stuffenfluff - My FIRST attempt at horror for over a decade. Feedback welcome!

Authors warn me writing children's books is a lot of work - signings, school events, literary festivals, a blog, etc. I always reply "I WANT THAT!"

I don't claim to be a professional (yet). I just try and help others when and where I can.

Follow me @symplesymon

Ah, Judy, that's such a sweet story. Some of those little doggies can be so socially challenged? I'm not sure of the proper term for it. But it's great that she found someone she can tolerate in addition to her every day family.

Our dog got her one toy she's allotted at Christmas - just a very inexpensive squeeky stuffed reindeer from Walmart. My Dalmatians would destroy every toy they ever had except a Kong, but Tipsy loves her babies. After she got her reindeer, she carried it and her stuffed monkey from last year into the middle of the Christmas mess and lay down with them, oblivious of the fact that she made a major obstacle for everyone else.

Oh, David, our posts crossed, so I have no idea what yours means? Did you have a holiday mishap, or is it that you've been missing for a while and have returned?

Alas, poor Yorick, he fed me 'nanas DavidBrett's Avatar
    The latter - I've been away since early Nov :p
    Mr Stuffenfluff - My FIRST attempt at horror for over a decade. Feedback welcome!

Authors warn me writing children's books is a lot of work - signings, school events, literary festivals, a blog, etc. I always reply "I WANT THAT!"

I don't claim to be a professional (yet). I just try and help others when and where I can.

Follow me @symplesymon

Reads more than she writes. AW Moderator Smish's Avatar
    Glad to see you again, Dave!

I'm loving all the pet stories. I haven't seen my evil kitteh since Thursday. I miss her.

I've had an adorable beagle puppy to play with and cuddle with, though. So, that's been nice. But I'm looking forward to seeing my Chloe Cat this evening. Hopefully, she hasn't destroyed the Christmas tree...
    Revision is where you earn your money - and if you haven't made any money yet, revision is where you pay your dues. Sara Zarr

Kidlit gang, Junior member. MJWare's Avatar
    My lab knows the rules well: if it's on the floor it's hers, everything else is off limits (she won't even touch piping-hot pizza sitting on the ottoman).

Works great, except in all the rushing around on Christmas day, we left the contents of the stockings on the floor--which including things like: Lifesaver gummies, mints, suckers, etc.

Got home from my parents last night to discover she'd followed the rules; didn't eat anything on the couch, but everything on the floor was gone, packaging and all =-)

Fortunately, she threw-up before we went to bed, so we didn't have to leave her in the garage on Christmas night (it was freezing outside and she's getting old).

mware: bleah.

Oh, my - glad I wasn't at your house. Poor puppa.

Not an actual kid...or goat. The Kidd's Avatar
    Digging the blog love guys. That is part of my New Years Resolution. Get more followers and follow more blogs
    My Blog

WIP:
    Miraculous Mr. D: MG Fantasy>: 36k/45k

(Untitled Kelpie story) Paranormal Romance>: 3.5k/50k

I woke-up this morning with a cold so bad that I couldn't (or maybe wouldn't) get out of bed--finally dragged myself up at 2pm feeling terrible until I saw this review:

"...She could not put this read down, she even took it with us on our little vacation and the only time she stopped reading is when we are swimming. She had the book done by the end of that night and kept telling K little pieces here and their so he was ready to start reading himself. He started reading it on the car ride home and if you could hear the noises coming from this kid you would have busted up laughing to. He was giggling and huh and the noises just kept coming when he was reading."

Throw in a 5-star review on Amazon and I fell about a thousand times better. Who needs antibiotics when you have book reviewers!
    Last edited by MJWare; 12-30-2011 at 04:10 AM. Reason: spacing

Hurray!

Great to hear, mware - amazing what a great review can do for you.

If you still need it, feel better.

i luv you giant bear statue AW Moderator Kitty Pryde's Avatar
    That's awesome, mware! Well done

I've got a great undertaking underway. We've been home all of winter break shopping and painting and sanding and such. Tomorrow early we are driving up to SF with a bed, desk, chair, shelf, nightstand, comforter, storage stuffs, sheets, rug, and lamps for my 15 yr old nephew. He's moved cross country from his mom's to his dad's (my BIL's) but he's got nothing in his bedroom but an air mattress. [I'll omit all the family drama surrounding these events.] We thought the kid could use a bit warmer welcome back to California so we sorted out all this stuff from IKEA or from bumming off our friends. When we get there it all has to be put together! And then a great drinking of beer shall commence. The kid won't be back until the 3rd, so hopefully he will like it then. We spent our New TV Fund money on all this stuff so hopefully our half-broken tv can hold out, via the power of good vibes, until we can manage to get a new one. Whew!

Reads more than she writes. AW Moderator Smish's Avatar
    Congrats, Mike!

Kitty, that's so nice! I'm sure he'll love all of it. It'll be his own little Christmas miracle.
    Revision is where you earn your money - and if you haven't made any money yet, revision is where you pay your dues. Sara Zarr

yay for mware and good karma for kitty!

Ah, Kitty, you're a good little kitteh. I would love to be watching from a shelf, ears twitching, while you all put that furniture together. What fun!

Love your new avatar.

Not an actual kid...or goat. The Kidd's Avatar
    've got a great undertaking underway. We've been home all of winter break shopping and painting and sanding and such. Tomorrow early we are driving up to SF with a bed, desk, chair, shelf, nightstand, comforter, storage stuffs, sheets, rug, and lamps for my 15 yr old nephew. He's moved cross country from his mom's to his dad's (my BIL's) but he's got nothing in his bedroom but an air mattress. [I'll omit all the family drama surrounding these events.] We thought the kid could use a bit warmer welcome back to California so we sorted out all this stuff from IKEA or from bumming off our friends. When we get there it all has to be put together! And then a great drinking of beer shall commence. The kid won't be back until the 3rd, so hopefully he will like it then. We spent our New TV Fund money on all this stuff so hopefully our half-broken tv can hold out, via the power of good vibes, until we can manage to get a new one. Whew!
    That is so sweet :3 . I know it will make him so much happier. I remember how much nicer it was just to have a closet in our room when my husband and I moved to our new house. I'll send good vibes to your tv and will it to last longer for you guys
    My Blog

WIP:
    Miraculous Mr. D: MG Fantasy>: 36k/45k

(Untitled Kelpie story) Paranormal Romance>: 3.5k/50k

Kitty, That's a big sacrifice--I know I spend way too much time watching tv. But I'm sure it will make a big difference for him.

As for me, my bragging came back to haunt me today with my first 1-star review:
    "Zombies asome! #1!!!
    I dont like zombies but that was asome!!!!"

Either they were being sarcastic or they didn't realize they were giving it one star. My vote is for the latter, but either way, it's Karma for all my bragging yesterday.

Oh, well. At least I got out of bed at a decent hour today =-)

mware - ouch! let's hope they made a mistake.

kidd - you have a closet in your bedroom? I am sooo jealous. I have to use one of the spare ones upstairs.

Page 106 of 209 FirstFirst ... 631568196100101102103104105106107108109110111112116131156181206 ... LastLast