The Bouncy Castle in Space

playground

Registered
Reaction score
*Fingers crossed*

My girlfriend just got her call back from the government, hoping it is to say she got the job. I think she did. It's been about six months now through all the tests and everything so it has been hard to sit by and wait!

Hopefully I find out about my government job too soon. Sooo early bounce for me I guess haha.

Last edited:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately it was just a man to say he is her sponsor. He did say once she does a few more things, then she will be done.

Last edited:

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to you and your girlfriend, playground_king! I hope you hear about the jobs real soon. :)

Btw, after a hiatus of four months, chopping down my story from 79,500-69,000 words, and writing fifteen different versions of my query letter, (no joke) I've finally brought up the courage to send out another round of queries to agents. Everyone I've talked to has said that this query best sums up my story, and is the best written, so we'll see. Wish me good luck!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
good luck, Starbeam!!

on the non-bouncy side, my daughter is sick. boo. despite that, i am feeling pretty BOUNCY because i just got another full request!

:hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy:

ETA: i love that little h ooray in the middle and while i was tempted to fix it, i think it shall stay. h ooray.

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
good luck, Starbeam!!

on the non-bouncy side, my daughter is sick. boo. despite that, i am feeling pretty BOUNCY because i just got another full request!

:hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy:

ETA: i love that little h ooray in the middle and while i was tempted to fix it, i think it shall stay. h ooray.

And h ooray for another full request, Joy!

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the good luck wishes! Smish, I think it's been a while since we've displayed some exuberance in this place! Let's get some bounces going!

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Joy, Starbeam, and playground king

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I nudged an agent who's had my full for a while. I never got a confirmation of receipt, so I just said that I'd like to make sure she got it. I received my email forwarded back to me (oops, her mistake), with the agent's note on the top asking, "we got this right? But you didn't love it? Can we write a nice turn down?"

Sob.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Morgan! I wrote her back to tell her she made an oops. I said "I shall consider myself nicely rejected, and thank you kindly for taking the time to read it." She wrote back immediately to apologize and she was really lovely and nice. So, I'm disappointed, but it's funny, every time I get a rejection, I just feel more resolved to work harder. I can make it better.

Thanks Starbeam! (we must have cross-posted).

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Keep your chin up, Sheila! You're AWESOME. :Hug2:

starbeam is right: we haven't been bouncing enough lately. So, today, I bounce is Sheila's honor. :D

:Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:
:Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Sheila, I'm sorry! :Hug2: You've certainly got the right attitude though, and that's awesome. I know you'll find the right agent!

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
it's funny, every time I get a rejection, I just feel more resolved to work harder. I can make it better.
(we must have cross-posted).

Ugh! Sorry to hear about that, Sheila. But you definitely have the right attitude! Hopefully the next one will love it.

:e2cookie: Here, have a cookie.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Pooh! Not only a rejection, but an awkward faux pas to boot! So not fair.

Ferret

Dook!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, Sheila. I guess it's a slightly more interesting way to get rejected.

Good luck to everyone who needs it!