The Bouncy Castle in Space

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you, Kitty! You will be a wonderful teacher. And you already know what you're getting into, so there will be fewer nasty surprises. ;)

And congrats on the sales, Mike! I'm glad to hear people are noticing an upswing in sales of children's books. Seriously glad.

My agent just forwarded a nice full request from an editor. She said it sounded great and she liked the title. Cross your fingers for me, pleeeze!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Ruth! Super Congratulations. I hope she loves the whole thing. Or he.

I'll keep my toes crossed. I'm using my fingers.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today at work something quite gross happened. I won't say what but it necessitated a letter home to a parent. Then I did a bunch of schoolwork when I got home, so some of the glamor has worn off :) I'm ready for Friday!

I had a really good job interview for a summer camp gig today--small, high paid day camp at a country club. I'd only have to work half the weeks of the summer, and earn the same as I make during the year. :tongue I have another interview with them in a couple days. Fingers crossed!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Kitty, Best of luck with the job!

Ruth, That's great news, now the waiting begins (again)!

Sage, Congratulations on your new Release!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I wish all of you would bounce really high for me today. We're burying my mother-in-law this afternoon. My little Aspie isn't handling it too well, but better than I expected. It's been a pretty long week.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
*hugs* for Sissy. I'm so sorry about the loss. Everyone will be in my thoughts.

Here's a bounce.

:Jump:

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Mike!

Good luck Ruth and Kitty!

And I'm so sorry for your loss, sissybaby. Bounces and hugs.

I drive by a house everyday while taking my kids to school. Well, I drive by lots of houses, of course, but this small house has a teeny front yard with a giant metal T-Rex (like, 7-8 feet tall) taking up most of the space. What is great about it is that they dress it up depending on the holiday. At Christmas, T-Rex was eating Rudolph. For Halloween, it was dressed up as Barney the Dinosaur and had a pumpkin bucket in its tiny hand. Today, it was wearing a sombrero and holding a giant chili pepper. I just love the person who does this. It's so much fun to drive around the corner and see T-Rex.

Oh, I just searched for a picture to share, and the dinosaur has his own facebook page. Here's Easter -

Anyway, Happy Friday everyone!

560607_424311354251082_273292179353001_1941023_721840675_n.jpg

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Does that dino have a chain-leash to keep him from wandering off?!

I can see the headlines now, Animatronics T-Rex Terrorizes Local Neighborhood.

Congrats Mike!

Good luck Ruth and Kitty!

And I'm so sorry for your loss, sissybaby. Bounces and hugs.

I drive by a house everyday while taking my kids to school. Well, I drive by lots of houses, of course, but this small house has a teeny front yard with a giant metal T-Rex (like, 7-8 feet tall) taking up most of the space. What is great about it is that they dress it up depending on the holiday. At Christmas, T-Rex was eating Rudolph. For Halloween, it was dressed up as Barney the Dinosaur and had a pumpkin bucket in its tiny hand. Today, it was wearing a sombrero and holding a giant chili pepper. I just love the person who does this. It's so much fun to drive around the corner and see T-Rex.

Oh, I just searched for a picture to share, and the dinosaur has his own facebook page. Here's Easter -

Anyway, Happy Friday everyone!

]

Last edited:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Big hugs for you, sissybaby.

Sheila, that is the coolest T Rex ever! When I am old and rich, I'm gonna get me one.

I have knitting to do this weekend... A friend who has been hoping to adopt got the call yesterday that there's a baby for her! 5 weeks preemie, but quite healthy--no machines, just needs to get his weight up and he can go home. So I get to knit a quick kimono--already have a hat ready.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want a T-Rex!!

My nickname at work is actually T-Rex. It's a mean nickname, though. I'm short and therefore can't ever reach anything. :e2cry:

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I want a T-Rex!!

My nickname at work is actually T-Rex. It's a mean nickname, though. I'm short and therefore can't ever reach anything. :e2cry:
Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with your temper? -J/K

monkeymum

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: sissybaby

Have fun with the knitting MsJudy. Something I always wished I could do, but never progressed beyond a shapeless, holey scarf :Shrug:

Been away from the boards for a bit, trying to get a very nasty report finished for work, as well as getting my first attempt at a novel done. Now I'm having some kind of weird anticlimax. Although I've subbed it, I'm prepared to trunk it. I'm going to allow myself a little bounce though, because it's served its purpose in teaching me loads and proving to myself that I can finish, so hopefully, the next attempt will be a slightly less anxious! :Jump:

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, a baby!! MsJudy, your friend must be on :e2cloud9:.
Ditto with the knitting, Monkeymum. Me and yarn just don't get along.

The t-rex is awesome, Sheila. We have some people down the street who decorate like crazy for every holiday. But we've got nothing as cool as that tyrannosaurus.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Ruth

*hugs* sissybaby

Thanks, mware :)

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Oh. My. Goodness. All those bounces and condolences have brightened my day. But the baby news is the very best. And those hand-made gifts are so special. I still have the green crocheted baby shawl my Mammy made me, plus a little dress, and they are very, very old, but I would never part with them. I saved special blankies that good friends made for each of my kids.

And I, too, want a T-Rex. That's wonderful. Some people are amazingly creative.

Thank you all so much.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Spent yesterday at out local mall for the annual Student Authors' Fair. Kids from local schools throughout the county displaying their hand-made books. This was the first time our table was near the microphone, so I got to hear the braver kids read their stories out loud.

Such fun!

One of my favorites was a second-grade class book. They'd read "What a Wonderful World" (an illustrated version of the Louis Armstrong classic) and then each kid wrote their own version.

"I smell chicken enchiladas cooking in the oven, and I think to myself, What a yummy world."

really charming. I'm going to copy the idea.

Then there was the first-grade girl's story about a mean girl. She was mean because her dress was really ugly... She was so mean, she killed a butterfly. But then she felt sad, so she didn't kill it.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Then there was the first-grade girl's story about a mean girl. She was mean because her dress was really ugly... She was so mean, she killed a butterfly. But then she felt sad, so she didn't kill it.

Love it! A story full of drama and pathos. Also logic.

I spend 7 hours yesterday helping my friend clean her house. In that time my partner and I cleaned the living room and the kitchen, minus the kitchen floor and fridge. We also filled an entire small dumpster with junk and took an SUV-load of stuff to Salvation Army. It was a tour de force. I scrubbed so much grime and grease that I woke up in the middle of the night with my arm in intense pain.

Today I am merely lazing about and doing schoolwork and being annoyed by the guy mowing the lot next door. :e2bouncey

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Kitty, someday I want a friend like you. That's a lot of cleaning...

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I just want Kitty herself for my friend.

Judy - I never heard of the Student Author Fair idea. It's brilliant. I tried to get our county 4-H to promote writing for a 4H category, even volunteered to serve as a judge or a leader, but couldn't get it to go.