The Bouncy Castle in Space

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Yum! Spiral. Shortbread is my favorite, but I've never had it flavored like that. Sounds delicious. And I'm allergic to eggs, so that's even better!

I made fudge, peanut brittle, and oatmeal raisin cookies. Tomorrow it's peanut clusters and applesauce raisin cookies for hubby, and chocolate chippers for my son who won't eat nuts.

And then no more baking for me.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Hey sissy, I had no idea you were allergic to eggs! I also made a really amazing gf, egg-free cake yesterday (it was my son's 11th birthday--I really can't believe that I have a pre-teen--I don't feel old enough to have one!) it tastes like brownies. Yum!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Yea, I can't cook. Good thing my girlfriend can. Even better she is Puerto Rican (same with her mom) so she knows how to REALLY cook hispanic food and outside chinese (authentic, not american chinese) food and thai food, hispanic food is definitely my favorite.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
You all are making me hungry this morning. Spiral - our sons are just two months apart in age.

Playground King - I'm really sorry to hear about your computer problems. I lost my hard drive a while back, and a friend was able to somehow go in and retrieve all of my documents and pictures. I don't know how, but he did.

So don't give up on those 10,000 words. Check around before you start over.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Halloooo! How's the winter holiday treating all my fellow bouncers? So far vacation has been less glamorous than I imagined, as I have been feeling sickly, hurt my back, and I spent the day sanding down a wooden desk. Tomorrow I have planned such glamorous events as painting furniture, and lazing about!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Well, we don't have snow, but it was 29 degrees this morning... I live 3 miles from the beach, and it was so cold they had to salt the road! I was SO glad I'm on vacation and didn't have to get up at 5:30 to go scrape the ice off my car.

Took my mom to Applebee's for her birthday dinner...Triple Chocolate Meltdown heaven! Plus my house is finally clean, and I only have one more present to pick up. My mom's sweater is finished and wrapped, I'll finish sewing my son's slippers together this evening, and then I can get back to knitting for myself. So...it's all good.

Oh, and I've managed to sit down and write every day of vacation! (Actually, that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now. I guess this counts as my warm-up...?)

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Oh man, those cookies sound good. I've been baking and decorating cookies with the children, but the only egg-free ones are pecan puffs.

My husband is prepping to make our traditional Chinese dinner for Christmas. I don't think it's exactly restaurant Chinese, more personal evolutions of obscure cookbook recipes adapted for family tastes.

He does make Peking duck, though. Yum!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
While I'll never agree it is ever good to lose your work, I must admit it has helped me reshape my story a bit and make it better. Would I still like to have my 10,000 words back? Without a doubt. But at the end of the day, and almost 3,000 words in, everything seems to be working out just fine.

Before I forget! What's everyone's favorite Christmas movie to watch? I have to say mine is without a doubt Jack Frost (the original claymation one, not the real one).

And Sheila which book are you into for A Song of Fire and Ice?

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great to hear that, pk!

Favorite Christmas movie? Hmmmm. Hard to say. I love Christmas movies, even the cheesy Lifetime Movie Channel ones. My all-time favorite is probably the original Miracle on 34th Street.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Miracle on 34th Street or The Christmas Story. It's a toss-up.

Glad you're being productive, Playground King. Wish I could say the same.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I'll admit, I'm pretty immune to the charms of cheesy holiday movies. My favorite might be Jeff Dunham's Christmas special. Achmed the dead terrorist's versions of familiar carols are hilarious...

Achmed sings Jingle bombs

Last edited:

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
While I'll never agree it is ever good to lose your work, I must admit it has helped me reshape my story a bit and make it better. Would I still like to have my 10,000 words back? Without a doubt. But at the end of the day, and almost 3,000 words in, everything seems to be working out just fine.

Before I forget! What's everyone's favorite Christmas movie to watch? I have to say mine is without a doubt Jack Frost (the original claymation one, not the real one).

And Sheila which book are you into for A Song of Fire and Ice?

Yay! I'm so glad things are working out after the loss!

Favorite holiday movie? Elf, Scrooged (the one with Bill Murray), and I love the classics. I can't pick just one.

I just finished book 3, and I really enjoyed it. Boy, no character is safe from this author - I was shocked.

Spent yesterday throwing up. Arg. What a day to be sick. I feel a little better this morning, but I have so much to do. I'm hoping panic won't throw me into relapse. We are leaving to visit my hubby's family in Mexico on Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Yay! I'm so glad things are working out after the loss!

Favorite holiday movie? Elf, Scrooged (the one with Bill Murray), and I love the classics. I can't pick just one.

I just finished book 3, and I really enjoyed it. Boy, no character is safe from this author - I was shocked.

Spent yesterday throwing up. Arg. What a day to be sick. I feel a little better this morning, but I have so much to do. I'm hoping panic won't throw me into relapse. We are leaving to visit my hubby's family in Mexico on Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Hope you feel better, Sheila.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no! Hope you feel better, Sheila! And I hope you have a safe, fun trip. :Hug2:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Take care, Sheila! Maybe you just need to get all the being sick out of the way so you can enjoy the vacation...?

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
*bounces in with plate of assorted Christmas cookies*

Whoops---almost lost one there!

If you're inclined---visit the pub for the baileys laced fudge!! :D

Merry Christmas y'all!! :)

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Almost forgot!!---For those of you with little ones, be sure to go here!! The countdown village has plenty for the kiddies and you can track Santa at the same time!!!

Have fun!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Just dropped by to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!!!

I hope to be around more after the new year (so I better say Happy New Year too)!

Shelia, I hope you feel better; being sick on Christmas is the worst!

Last edited:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all my kidlit peeps that celebrate! Everyone else is still welcome to all the brownies and fudge and peppermint bark and peanut brittle and cookies and cake and pie you can eat. :D

MorganMarshall

I keep my head firmly in the clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gutsandglorybooks.com
Been busy doing the mom thing, but popping in to say Merry Christmas! Oh, and my favorite is by far A Christmas Story. (Though tonight we watched A Christmas Carol). :)