AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Global Authors Publishers

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Marsha Ward's Avatar

Global Authors Publishers

I received a Google Alert recently that led me to discover that my last published novel is available in the UK and South Africa from several booksellers. That's good news, right? Except the publisher is listed as Global Authors Publishers, with whom I've never signed a contract.

Has anyone run across them before? loot.co.za lists 5318 books claimed by that publisher here. Are you represented?

I'd like to discover if Global Authors Publishers is a partner of my actual publisher (yes, I've sent an inquiry to them) or if they've somehow pirated this book.

Anyone?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Looks like GAP is iUniverse's overseas dba and/or printer. It's not uncommon for online bookstores to mis-enter info they get from the ISBN feed, which is why you often see US-printed POD listed as Lightning Source, Ingrams, etc.

ETA: Not to be confused with Global Authors Publications, founded by an iUniverse author: http://globalauthorspublications.com/
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 06-11-2010 at 11:32 PM.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Thanks, CaoPaux! Is this general/particular knowledge or something you discovered on the 'net? I couldn't find much of anything with Google, Yahoo, or Bing searches. Did I simply not use the right term?

I did know about Global Authors Publications being a separate entity, but thanks for pointing that out.

You'd think iUniverse/Author Solutions would have a responsibility to tell their authors there's a dba in the mix so they don't freak out like I have just done. Yikes! I've always had a good relationship with them.

Yes, I broke Yog's Law, but there's a long story behind that decision that I won't get into here.

Again, thank you for the information.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I haven't found any official connection yet, but given that the dozen or so books I checked from the the link you gave are listed on Amazon under iUniverse, it's a good bet that's what's happening.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Thanks again for taking the time to investigate!