The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Kid Mercury Publishing

kidmercury

Kid Mercury Publishing

Kid Mercury Publishing is holding a short story contest on its forums at http://www.kidmercurypublishing.com/workshop/. Stories under 3,000 words in length will be considered for publication in a collection of short stories that will be published both online and in paperback form. Entrance to the contest is free.

Published authors will be provided with royalties based on book sales.

Never Surrender AW Moderator Maryn's Avatar
    Please let me know if my understanding is correct: The winners receive no prize except royalties based on sales of works that also appear online? Why is anyone going to buy the print version?

Maryn
    Get to work. Success isn't built on the power of your dreams.

Brick by Brick, a mιnage ΰ trois novel
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

Also, it appears that entries are posted to the public forum for voting, which if I'm not wrong means that you've already given away electronic rights for your work just by entering.

I think it's an ambitious project and it may turn out to be great, but I also think the details might not have been worked out as well as they should have been.

Been a long time... OneTeam OneDream's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saanen
    Also, it appears that entries are posted to the public forum for voting, which if I'm not wrong means that you've already given away electronic rights for your work just by entering.

I think it's an ambitious project and it may turn out to be great, but I also think the details might not have been worked out as well as they should have been.

I think you are more right than you know. The main url for this website (which is now down by the way) was www.storystealers.com

The Tony Award-winning TemlynWriting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTeamOneDream
    I think you are more right than you know. The main url for this website (which is now down by the way) was www.storystealers.com
    That's lovely. ::shakes head::

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Julia Temlyn, Word Therapist
    Temlyn Writing - editing, writing, moderating, social media consulting/management

Blogs: Musical Reviewer • Writers Remember • Mrs. Write Right, Word Therapist • A Mom at Heart: an infertility blog • Houston Theatre
    Etc.: Twitter: @JuliaTemlyn & @MusicalReviewer • Facebook • Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by OneTeamOneDream
    Yikes! Yes, thanks for posting this! I wasn't intending to enter, but I sure as hell won't consider it for a moment now.

Been a long time... OneTeam OneDream's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saanen
    Yikes! Yes, thanks for posting this! I wasn't intending to enter, but I sure as hell won't consider it for a moment now.

vBulletin Message
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, the forum is being temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I think we found out what those unforseen circumstances were.

practical experience, FTW J. Y. Moore's Avatar

Question

Doesn't this need to be posted to the Bewares board in case they do another name change with similarly devious intent?
    J. Y. (Jean) Moore
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Tony Award-winning TemlynWriting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Y. Moore
    Doesn't this need to be posted to the Bewares board in case they do another name change with similarly devious intent?
    I wasn't around yesterday, but I've copied this thread over to Bewares & Background Checks. Link to come shortly.

ETA: Here are the links:
    Bewares: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18254
    Paying Markets: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17989
    Julia Temlyn, Word Therapist
    Temlyn Writing - editing, writing, moderating, social media consulting/management

Blogs: Musical Reviewer • Writers Remember • Mrs. Write Right, Word Therapist • A Mom at Heart: an infertility blog • Houston Theatre
    Etc.: Twitter: @JuliaTemlyn & @MusicalReviewer • Facebook • Linkedin