Pagan Chatter

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Ha ha I like it. Things can't be simple, you are cochina magical practitioner or practitioner of culinary suite magic. Kindred indeed. Now do you know a good incantations for catching one of those pesky agent varmints? They are ever elusive.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Ha ha I like it. Things can't be simple, you are cochina magical practitioner or practitioner of culinary suite magic. Kindred indeed. Now do you know a good incantations for catching one of those pesky agent varmints? They are ever elusive.
Hmmm....lets see. Three parts powdered page of rejection...2 parts nervous mailman...4 parts irritated husband.....I'll let you know what I come up with!

(edit: Whoops! you said incantation. That might take a little longer than a potion. Back to the drawing board!)

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Potion will work just as well, I think you left out the 20 reams of tear soiled paper though.
here's MY incantation
agent agent bo-bagent bananafanafo- oh wait.... never mind.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
har har hardy har har. I always address them as Mr or MS agent agent bo-bagent. Gheesh, what do you think I am? an Amateur?

Seriously, I wonder if it would help...to tweak things a bit. Not something I ever tried.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
har har hardy har har. I always address them as Mr or MS agent agent bo-bagent. Gheesh, what do you think I am? an Amateur?

Seriously, I wonder if it would help...to tweak things a bit. Not something I ever tried.
Just cover your butt. That's all. Trust me on THAT one. About 2 months ago I did work to encourage the change that was already in the works for hubby and me to hurry up and get here already. And you SEE where I SIT. Change I got aplenty! I just didn't prepare for it. Hindsight and all.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
PattiTheWicked said:
I put a "you want me" sigil on every ms I send out.
Do you create your own or do you use existing sigils? Solomonic seals or Abramelin or something. (or*gasp* necro sigils? I know I know. controversial and all, but whether or not they are legit, there must be at least egregores of that system just because of the following it has received)

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah...what about it? he he. Yes, I do see where you sit, I will try to be specific. For some reason, I haven't ever done anything on this front. I wonder why. I know my elements of power, how to use them, and not much else. I don;t have much formal training only gut instinct and past experience to go by. I don't read many how to books, because I have my own thingy going and it works. So you girls take your fancy sigils and I'll stick to the elements and good old fashioned candle magic. NOW if anyone wants to forward a good sigil.....I'm not ADVERSE to learning....I'm just old and you have to talk real slow and loud.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Oh yeah...what about it? he he. Yes, I do see where you sit, I will try to be specific. For some reason, I haven't ever done anything on this front. I wonder why. I know my elements of power, how to use them, and not much else. I don;t have much formal training only gut instinct and past experience to go by. I don't read many how to books, because I have my own thingy going and it works. So you girls take your fancy sigils and I'll stick to the elements and good old fashioned candle magic. NOW if anyone wants to forward a good sigil.....I'm not ADVERSE to learning....I'm just old and you have to talk real slow and loud.
Sweetie, I asked you if you were Irish for a reason. I am Irish, too. Daddy's grandparents were the first of his family in this country. You have a natural aptitude. Don't ask me how I know...I just do. It's in your blood. Your good old fashioned candle magick is all you need. It's not the tangible that matters with you. It is how you USE the tangible to focus what you have already. You said it already - you are a nature child. Go with it. Many do not have what you were born with. Sure, everyone was born with some ability...others were born with more. Our heritage, yours and mine...that brings with it something others don't have. Of course there are other things from other parts of the world that are not natural to me...or likely to you. I'm not saying that the Irish have a corner on the market for their affinity for Magick. I'm just saying that you should go with what you already have and nurture it.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
You are a sage! ((of course we do have something others don't though.)) Oh my, I have to say I am so bugged by this hurrucane stuff. You're good and smart, what can we do? My hubby and I were thinking of going down there and volunteering in some of the hospitals, we already gave all the cash we could. Maybe we can adopt a family and bring them here. We have plenty of room. YIKES. All I can think about are those babies, all those babies. I just want to hug'em.

Anyway, We need to change the name of this thread to the Sheryl-Carole converstation thread.

Oh yeah, I was teasing when I asked 'what of it'.

So the moon is waxing full, it's a virgo moon though. Any big plans?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
You are a sage! ((of course we do have something others don't though.)) Oh my, I have to say I am so bugged by this hurrucane stuff. You're good and smart, what can we do? My hubby and I were thinking of going down there and volunteering in some of the hospitals, we already gave all the cash we could. Maybe we can adopt a family and bring them here. We have plenty of room. YIKES. All I can think about are those babies, all those babies. I just want to hug'em.

Anyway, We need to change the name of this thread to the Sheryl-Carole converstation thread.

Oh yeah, I was teasing when I asked 'what of it'.

So the moon is waxing full, it's a virgo moon though. Any big plans?

Honestly, I haven't thought about it. Hrmmmm....

You know, it is strange because I thought the very same thing. I have 4 friggin bedrooms in this house, plus my office and a converted 2-car garage!! I would be able to provide a comfortable home for displaced families, but we are MOVING. crap. I know that the Knoxvile school system has opened its doors to children who are Katrina victims but I don't know what the plans are for housing families. I am like you...I just want to go hug all those babies and provide shelter and feed those poor hungry folks. To help the elderly - provide a cool place to rest and recover in peace on a fluffy bed with a clean body, clean clothing and a full belly. It makes you feel so helpless.

I think hubby is actually going to be able to sleep in a hotel tonight. They are on their way back to Mobile and they are all so funky and worn completely out, that they are driving as far as they can to see if there is at least one room somewhere that they all can share.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
This is just crazy. Your poor hubby. I am sure his heart is glad though knowing you are safe. He may be funky and tired, but he has you and his friends.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, magickally speaking, I believe one of the most important things the disaster areas need is peace. Peace would allow the rescue workers to do their jobs in safety, and would allow these poor folks to regroup mentally before moving forward. One TV station in Knoxville has already raised over $125,000 , and that was just this evening, within two hour mini-telethon! Imagine that multiplied by all the other people sending money. So financial relief is on its way to provide food and hopefully emergency shelter for these families. Meantime, work with blue. A pale, blissful blue candle would be wonderful. Are you good with creative visualization? If so, use your healing energy to form an electric blue sphere around the traumatized areas. Are you familiar with Santerian Orishas? If not, prolly not a good idea to start now...but if you are, think of the culture of New Orleans. The Orishas, particularly Yemaya - she rules the waters and is a mother goddess- are likely well familiar with these folks and would assist. They're dangerous to work with if you haven't before, so that was just a thought.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know about the Orishas, I've worked with them before but am not real comfortable. (long story) I already charged my blue candle and have it burning; I was thinking of doing the same with a black and white one. Probably overkill but...
Plus it's new moon time and a great time to banish some of the negativity.

Speaking of supplies...where do you get yours? I'm running low on a few things and my local store closed.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Speaking of supplies...where do you get yours? I'm running low on a few things and my local store closed.

I make a lot of mine, and others I get where I can. There is a nifty shop in one of the malls that sells the little chime candles and believe it or not, our gorcery store stocks 7-day candles which are my favorite to work with. They are easy to dress and relatively safe to leave running till they burn themselves out.

Hubby and I go on a candlemaking binge from time to time, too. I stock up on herbs all over the place form health food stores to my own garden. (I have a gigantic rosemary bush that I am just going to be leaving here because it is too big to uproot and put into a pot...want me to cut & dry some to send ot you? I have plenty!)

I used to work in a botanica in Orlando so there are certain things I still have from way back then...stuff that doesn't go bad. Frankincense & myrrh, Dragonsblood resin, copal & certain oils. The rest I just get ad I can when I see a nifty shop somewhere. There is one shop in town that I will go buy from - but only if it is absolutely necessary. I question the knowledge of a shop owner who 1. keeps all her pentacles *hidden* because they are soooooo controversial, and 2. pulls those pentacles out of the case to show me, and they are actually stars of DAVID for Pete's sake! Well, at least I *think* I was polite about it. (edit for clarification...I only mean that I was upset that she presented the stars of David as pentacles...NOT upset about the symbols.)

There are a few places you can order from. I like Azure Green for some things. They have a lot of spiritual supplies, but some of them are downright cheezy. Aphrodesia in NY is a FABULOUS herbal supply source, but a little pricey when you aren't buying wholesale. Gee. I could go on and on and on...

I have worked with certain Orishas, but that was only under the strict guidance of my former boss who is a Santerian High Priest. I'd be chicken to try it on my own!! You say long story...I can ONLY imagine! Ellegua used to be in the habit of following me into the bathroom at work at the botanica. Ohhhhh the stories I could tell about my year working in that store...like the time the sacrificial chicken escaped from its cage and ran around the store freaking all the customers out....~laughing~ good times...good times....

Last edited:

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my, I bet that chicken was headed for the door, how funny. Make your own candles. You make the rest of us look bad. I mean really. I barely have time to shower. Thanks alot, now my self esteem is shot because you make all your own stuff *sniff* Just kidding. I was thinking of someplace online to get stuff from. Like I said, the local place closed so now I'm having to go ten different places. The christian bookstore carries nice candles, handmade from beeswax and colored naturally((?)), the oils I still have most of but run very low. I'll see what I can find online and maybe that could be your new business, supplying loser witches with their supplies! Ha. Today I go in search of sageoil, one of my favorites.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
as far as Orishas go...let's just say I went through an unfortunate experimental phase during my late teens that I paid for for many years...that whole rule of three thing....yikes. Let's just say that when things slowly returned to normal I practiced much more carefully. smile.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Oh my, I bet that chicken was headed for the door, how funny. Make your own candles. You make the rest of us look bad. I mean really. I barely have time to shower. Thanks alot, now my self esteem is shot because you make all your own stuff *sniff* Just kidding. I was thinking of someplace online to get stuff from. Like I said, the local place closed so now I'm having to go ten different places. The christian bookstore carries nice candles, handmade from beeswax and colored naturally((?)), the oils I still have most of but run very low. I'll see what I can find online and maybe that could be your new business, supplying loser witches with their supplies! Ha. Today I go in search of sageoil, one of my favorites.

Oh please! I am not taking care of an infant! You'll not believe the spare time you find to do things like breathe and eat an entire meal...go potty by yourself (without a young'un poking their tiny little dimpled hand under the door asking, "Mommy!!!! Can you see me??? Mommy!!!! Are you done? Mommy!!! Can I come in?? Mommmyyyyy!!!!!!!!")... watch a movie and even make candles when the youngsters become teenagers. Days are busy, sure, but evenings they wanna do their own thing.

I Love beeswax candles! Oh, the scent is just yummy :) (BTW, hubby and I do plan to open a metaphysical bookstore/spiritual supply store/coffee house...one day ~sigh~) Be careful about ordering oils online. Make sure they aren't perfumes. A lot of suppliers are really shifty that way and sell synthetics as the real deal.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
When does www. Carole'sstoreofwitcheryandcoffee.com open. I couldn't find my oils in town.
You mean someday I'll get to shower for more than four minutes with the shower door closed and no one yelling mamamamamama?

Wow.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
When does www. Carole'sstoreofwitcheryandcoffee.com open. I couldn't find my oils in town.
You mean someday I'll get to shower for more than four minutes with the shower door closed and no one yelling mamamamamama?

Wow.
Yes! It does happen. And...(here's the neat part) you'll never see it coming. One day you'll be in the shower, and suddenly you'll realize the water is beginning to get cold, you actually shaved both legs (without injury), and you are just standing there with nothing else to do! It's a wonderful thing.

As for the store, well that's the question hubby and i keep asking ourselves. If you lemme know what you are out of, I'll see if I can find it around here.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost out of everything, that's the problem. I've just been lazy, there has to be something in Baltimore. If I look and can't find, I'll take you up on the offer.

BOTH legs? I don't believe it. Now I just shave both legs from the knee down. The hair is blobe and who cares. I was at the doctor for my yearly and when I had my arms over my head for the breast exam, I noticed one pit was shaved and the other not....very sad.

Now when you make your candles, do you charge them during the process or wait? It would probably take too long.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
BOTH legs? I don't believe it. Now I just shave both legs from the knee down. The hair is blobe and who cares. I was at the doctor for my yearly and when I had my arms over my head for the breast exam, I noticed one pit was shaved and the other not....very sad.

Remind me to tell you about when I had my tubes tied. That's a funny *pit* story!

Now when you make your candles, do you charge them during the process or wait? It would probably take too long.

I don't charge them when I am making them unless I am making only one or two candles for a specific purpose. I usually wait until I dress them and do it all at once.

Do you realize we are having two conversations at once between two threads? I know I am blonde, but that just dawned on me.