• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for Dark Fantasy/Horror/Technothriller Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I can't settle on a specific genre yet, as the novel is essentially Stephen King meets Tom Clancy.

Work is complete, and the final word count is 108k. It's been through two betas already, but looking for fresh eyes to torture. This is an adult-oriented work, full of MV/ASP. Will beta in return, but no longer send money via PayPal. ;)

Can take harsh reviews without batting an eye, so if you have a confrontational style, no worries here.

Thanks in advance!

Elizabeth Holloway

Pass the sugar
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Noah,

This sounds right up my alley. Would you be interested in a YA for swap?

I'm in a similar situation. I'm almost finished revising (again) my paranormal YA. It has already been beta'd twice and these revisions are a result of agent recommendations. Before I send the new MS back to her, I'd like to make sure all the hacking I've done hasn't caused confusion.

I've billed it as 'Ghost' meets 'Silence of the Lambs' for older teens. Here's the quick pitch:

Murdered at eighteen years old, Emma's soul was collected as a souvenir. Years later, Emma manages to escape the Collector. When she realizes there is hope for life (and love) outside of the glass bottle he kept her in, she risks her freedom, and possibly the soul of her living accomplice, to rescue the rest of the souls still trapped in the killer's morbid collection. (The link to the first chapter can be found in my signature.)

I can be brutal, but I try to be nice about my brutality. I can take criticism very well. I just need fresh eyes.

PM me, if you're interested, and maybe we can swap first chapters and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.