Nikita

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
The last two eps would have made a great season finale. Makes me wonder what they're going to pull off these next four. Just like the other seasons. They just kept outdoing themselves toward the end. Love it.
Pity about Sean, though.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Spoilers:

PRE-FINALE EPISODES | “The return of The Shop (aka the organization responsible for Michael's new hand) factors in largely through the end of the season,” Silverstein reveals. “Our plan was to get Michael his hand back and make it cost something — which it certainly does… He essentially made a deal with the devil.” There's also Alex's continued unraveling to contend with, this Friday's major death and the big Nikita/Alex episode “fans have been asking for.” Owen/Sam, meanwhile, “goes on his own little mission” in the coming weeks, shares his portrayer Devon Sawa. “He's left on a cliffhanger in Episode 20,” so don't expect to see the ex-Guardian in the season's final two installments. (Oh, and you heard about that 'Mikita' shower scene, right?)

MAY 17 SEASON FINALE | Details surrounding the finale — which largely revolves around the “destruction of Division” — are scarce, but Silverstein does promise that an “emotional cliffhanger” awaits fans in Nikita's third season finale. “We have some pretty big deaths coming up,” he adds, noting that “there's one in the finale that I think is one of the most WTF shocks we'll have through the season.” Those who assume the goner will be Big Bad Amanda want to rethink their theory. “I don't necessarily feel the same way about [killing off] Amanda as I did with Percy [last season],” Silverstein notes. “The trick is to shift her into a new goal, because you don't want to do the same thing over again — and she does get a new goal near the end of the season. So, it's scary and exciting.”

I also have summaries for eps 19-21. Finale ep summary not released, yet.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
What an ep tonight. Amanda's working with The Shop now! As Nikita said, if The Shop needs Amanda, that's a terrifying thought.

And Sam did something helpful. A little Owen left in there after all.

Ryan stepped up pretty badass, too. He's right, he's not the low-level analyst who had no clue how crazy the world really is anymore. That was 2 years of fire ago.

Thank goodness the President kept her word.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Well, Cyrus knows how to get in because he's Ex-Division. The SEAL team was prepped. Had Division still been at full function, they would've seen them coming, but they're not.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
This really was SUCH an emotional episode. Even blowing up Division made me tear up a little. Great use of music for the drama everywhere. Even knowing they wouldn't kill Michael for good here, the actors sold it so well.

Gah! Why only 6 episodes for season 4?! This show deserves better. Deserved not to be stuck on Fridays. Deserves syndication. The finale-finale is going to leave me a mess.

With Division in the dust, Nikita on the lam and a shortened fourth and final season on the horizon, showrunner Craig Silverstein chats with TVLine about why fans should look forward to the “good stuff” ahead. He also weighs in on why he sent Season 3 out the way he did, the reasons behind Amanda’s never-ending survival and whether or not six episodes is enough to properly wrap up this journey.
http://tvline.com/2013/05/17/nikita-season-4-spoilers-final-six-episodes/

CW's official season 4 description:
Season three of this gripping espionage drama saw Nikita (international action star Maggie Q) take over Division, the illegal black-ops program that trained her to kill. Working alongside her fiancé Michael (Shane West), her protégé Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca), and a team of covert operatives, Nikita vowed to capture all rogue Division agents and shut the place down. But she got more than she bargained for as Division’s corrupting influence began to tear her family apart. Even worse, Nikita’s nemesis Amanda (Melinda Clarke), set out to destroy her by teaming with the shadowy global organization known as The Group. Together, they pulled off a shocking assassination that promises to disrupt the balance of world power forever. And with the blame for the murder falling on Nikita, she is forced to come full circle and go on the run as a hunted rogue as she attempts to clear her name as well as spare the people she loves.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't read anything in this thread yet. Just wanted to say that I've recently started binge-watching this on Netflix. Almost done with season one. First few episodes were a little cliche and several plot elements were cliche enough that I could see the coming a mile away.

However...it has gotten much better as the season progressed and I'm hooked. Granted, I could watch Maggie Q watch someone else watching paint dry and still like it, so perhaps I'm biased.

But, I'm liking it so far. If i get snowed in this week, at least I have something to keep me thoroughly entertained. Besides watching reruns of Arrow, of course. ;)

vanilla

hmmm
Registered
Reaction score
I hope nobody minds me bumping this. I thought it better to find an existing thread and comment rather than making an entirely new thread, especially for a series that is no longer airing new eps.

So, I've heard of La Femme Nikita and saw a couple ads for the 90's show and thought it looked corny and really pumped on itself as a spy thriller. That's pretty much been my impression of the name "Nikita" any time I heard about a series or movie having to do with it; just junky explosions, over the top stunts, gadgetry and cheesy spy exploits. Fast forward to 2014, I started watching Salem and loved it to death, particularly Shane West as the rugged, raspy voiced, deadpan snarker, John Alden. Last year, I also got into Twelve Monkeys, loving the hell out of Aaron Stanford as a replacement for Bruce Willis's James Cole. It was only after all of that, last month in fact, when I looked over imdb and went looking into Shane West's other work. Seeing Stanford also starring in Nikita, I was sold. You didn't have to say anything else; regardless of cheese content, I was gonna watch it for the guys(didn't I already go through something similar for Supernatural? Huh.).

What. A. Shock! I cannot gush enough about this series and I'm kicking myself for passing it by over these last few years simply because of 90's bias. Came for the beef cake and got so much more in return. I'm currently working through season 3, almost done, Sean just died and I'm more sad for Alex than actually going to miss him; he was kind of a douche, imo. I don't know if I have to put spoilers up when talking about it still, but I'm just gonna copy what other people have done until told otherwise. There were times during the first two seasons where Nikita kinda pissed me off. I mean, I get it. I'm sympathetic to her trauma, what her life basically is, but sometimes her martyrdom was really annoying. Which might just be a personal bias because broody Michael and his chopped off hand gettin' all huffy and whiny about it...actually had me salivating. I think that is part of the way I write, though. I like strong, well-rounded female characters who don't play passive-aggressive games or project their insecurities. I love writing male characters like that though, making them all whiny and rash to soothe that wounded ego.

I love the complexity of the series, and the characters reactions, even as implausible as they're getting right now in the third season(Amanda pokes your brain and suddenly you're brainwashed within a few hours. Yeah...okay, mebbe. :Wha: ), when they set up rules and standards of behavior, they pretty much stick to them, and the operations within those fences make sense. I love and hate Amanda. Like, she's kind of got this alien-bug thing going on with her eyes and lips and just everything she does makes stuff craptastic. Yet she's so much fun sometimes, snarky, smug, and godawful human being and I love it. Like a coin that won't fall, I'm stuck on the edge considering her annoying but those same things making me unwillingly smirk in pleasure for the way it all plays out. I definitely miss Ari and wish things hadn't ended that way with him. Don't care about Ryan, as some other people have said, he was a cardboard cutout that they occasionally wheeled into the room and he waved his finger and his eyes flashed. Owen is my third fav character, especially with his face-heel turn. How delightful! So bad! :D

My absolute favorites though are the two guys I started the show for, Michael and Birkoff. I've loved every bit of their stories and how they've shifted and changed throughout these seasons. Plus, the back and forth of the earlier seasons are just priceless.

Anyway, still working through the series, might come back to give a final review of the series as a whole, but with the recent eps and drama, I needed to find a thread and unload about it. ^^;

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
The previous incarnations of Nikita always had me kind of lukewarm but I still watched them all. (Well, some of it in the case of that 90s' show.) So I can definitely relate. I watched the first six or so episodes of this and wasn't convinced but I stayed around for trusted writers like Albert Kim - and boy did that pay off! By the time they turned everything upside down in the season 1 finale, I was hooked.

vanilla

hmmm
Registered
Reaction score
The previous incarnations of Nikita always had me kind of lukewarm but I still watched them all. (Well, some of it in the case of that 90s' show.) So I can definitely relate. I watched the first six or so episodes of this and wasn't convinced but I stayed around for trusted writers like Albert Kim - and boy did that pay off! By the time they turned everything upside down in the season 1 finale, I was hooked.

Serious! My friend watched it long before I did and warned me that there was cheese and there is, like you said, first few episodes. Prepping that way helped make it edible but then holy crap! It got really intense with the season 1 "Percy arc." I actually didn't expect much from Amanda but third season when she starts becoming super interesting, how could I not continue? :D