• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Pen & Ink Literary (Anne Bohner)

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of her... But I figured what the hell, I can always reject her later on down the line, a query isn't likely to go amiss and it would be fun to reject an agent rather than the other way around for a change.

How did you find her anyhow?

Also... There's a good part of Saskatoon? Would that be the enclave of ex-Saskatoonies living in Vancouver? (I understand the Saskatoon consulate is considered 'officially' Saskatoon soil.)

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
PW confirms the claim on her website that whe was an editor at Bantam Dell and NAL (30 deals announced between Oct 2002 and May 2008- almost all of them at NAL). Nothing's posted in her role as an agent, yet, but I don't find anything about when she opened her doors. The agency may be shiny new?

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Well she's fast on the response time. Says she only handles Young Adult that skews older and adult stuff whereas my book falls in the gap between YA and MG (and normally I try to sell it as MG because it fits better there).

Nice response but I doubt she'll be personalizing all her rejections after she starts to get a flood of queries.

Lilreeper

Mother of Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I've sent a query to her just now for the hell of it. She's asking for exactly what my book is so here's to hoping *tips glass in cheers*

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I sent Anne a query on 6/01, and she responded by the following morning, with some very interesting questions (define the genre of fiction I write; comparisons to other authors, etc). Following my return email, she requested the first 50 pages. She's very personable and professional, and I'd love to have an agent with that kind of communication skill and response time.

harriet47

journo turned novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
harrietschultz.blogspot.com
fingers crossed

I queried her 6/17 because of her publishing background and she requested 50 pages of my romantic suspense manuscript a week later.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her a while ago because she seemed to be requesting a lot, but I got an answer a few hours later saying that my MS wasn't her thing. Figures!

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Requested 50 pages.. I've had two others reject based on the pages, and one other reject on the full, so I've edited since then. Here's hoping.

Lilreeper

Mother of Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just wanted to update on my submission. Apparently my email didn't format my 50 pages correctly and not all of it got sent to her. I'm assuming she still read what did get sent and she still requested I send the 50 pages in a word document. I'm hoping she likes it :) I don't think she would have requested the doc if she didn't like what did get sent to her.

ChelseaWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Queried today, got a request for 50 pages a few minutes later! *crossing fingers now*

Last edited:

Lilreeper

Mother of Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for her to respond on a 50 page request? I'd like to know roughly how long I have to wait before prodding ^_^;

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how long it takes for her to respond on a 50 page request? I'd like to know roughly how long I have to wait before prodding ^_^;

She's so new, I doubt she has a rhythm yet. I'm sure a couple months ago when she hung out her shingle, you could expect a fairly quick reply; she has since requested dozens of partials and fulls--necessarily so, as she's trying to sign some clients--so she's probably backed up.

A year from now, you might be able to estimate how long it usually takes her to respond. At this point, not so much.

mairi

E-pubbed author
Registered
Reaction score
the waiting is killing me. :p has anyone heard back from her in the past few days? i know she signed someone last 7/05 and that it's YA...but nothing else besides that.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
the waiting is killing me. :p has anyone heard back from her in the past few days? i know she signed someone last 7/05 and that it's YA...but nothing else besides that.

Nothing yet on my 6/24 partial request.

Thanks for the posting, Krista!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Chelsea and Erin, you're welcome. And good luck with your partials!