• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Herman Agency (Ronnie Ann Herman)

trapumphkin

The website is listed as http://www.hermanagencyinc.com/ and it seems nice but I can't seem to find too much info on it, it's not mentioned in preds & eds at another realm so I was just wondering has anyone heard of it?

- Trapumphkin

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Looks to be big in the Children's market. I can't say I'm familiar with their authors, but I certainly recognize some of the artists (and I dare say an artist’s renown will propel sales of a first-time author's picture book).

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
The authors list sales to major publishers (and it seems each author provided their own information, because the formatting is different for each), but the site doesn't actually indicate which of those sales were made through the agency.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent point. Trust, but verify.... :hat:

trapumphkin

It isn't listed as an AAR Member. They might follow AAR regulations because they seem decent enough, but who knows for sure. I'd like to believe they're good, they seem nice - with all those colorful pictures on the website. Any more tips or ideas?

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Agencies aren't listed with AAR. Individual agents are, so you'll need their names to search.

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Herman Agency

Hi guys. Does any one have any info on the Herman Agency and Ronnie Ann Herman? I did a search on this site and found all writers had good things to say - except the agents list shows her in red to avoid. P&E has no problem with her and I can find no google that is bad. She has big name clients. I don't have a bad feeling about them - but after I saw that I wanted to know what you all thought.

Thanks for all your help! :Hug2: I couldn't make it without my Absolute Write crew!

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Deadly. This makes me feel a little bit better. I wonder why they listed them as avoid? They have some big names clients, such as Tom Arma, the photographer. That's weird. I can't find an avoid anywhere but by the Absoulte Write moderators. Hmm. That's funny. Thanks for all your help! God bless! :Sun:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The red you saw was the search function highlighting your search terms. There is no "avoid" for Ms. Herman.

RTH

Call me Ishmael
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine has had Jeff Herman as an agent for years & is quite happy with him. Though it's too bad they don't do fiction anymore...

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks RTH. Are Ronnie and Jeff the same agency? I thought Jeff had his own agency. I may be wrong though. Thanks for the advice! =)

RTH

Call me Ishmael
Registered
Reaction score
Did a quick search -- seems you're right -- Jeff and Ronnie are in 2 different agencies. :Shrug:

Last edited:

BrookieCookie777

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks RTH. I thought they were - but they have identical business names. Confusing, huh? =) Thanks for looking it up for me!

Marva

Registered
Reaction score
Jill Corcoran is a recent addition to the agency. She's handling MG and YA it appears. She is accepting email queries plus 10 pages. She also has an informative blog.

http://www.jillcorcoran.blogspot.com/

Ronnie Herman (agency head) is not taking queries now.

Lindzy1954

Chi-Town Scribbler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tiptoe-kisses.blogspot.com
I actually just submitted to Jill Corcoran with the Herman Agency. Although my interaction with her has been minimal, she was extremely pleasant and her clients have nothing but rave reviews regarding her work ethic and demeanor. From what I can tell, she is headed towards being very successful - anyone else with a ms out with her or with recent experience with the Herman Agency in general?

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a query to Jill today, Lindzy1954. So I'm in the waiting boat too.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone hear from Jill recently? I queried her on 1/30/10 and am still waiting.

ILS

Jill Corcoran

Registered
Reaction score
New Sub Policy

Thought I'd post this here since I see some of you are still waiting on my reply. Thanks for all your kind words and I look forward to reading your work!

Email Queries Only. NO snail mail.
Please email your query plus the first 10 pages of your manuscript pasted into the body of your email to [email protected]

I ONLY represent Chapter Book, Middle Grade & Young Adult authors.

I no longer send form declines. If you do not receive an email response to your query + 10 pages within a month, I am sorry but I am not the right agent for your work.