Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herman Agency (Ronnie Ann Herman)

trapumphkin

Arrow Herman Agency (Ronnie Ann Herman)

The website is listed as http://www.hermanagencyinc.com/ and it seems nice but I can't seem to find too much info on it, it's not mentioned in preds & eds at another realm so I was just wondering has anyone heard of it?

- Trapumphkin

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Looks to be big in the Children's market. I can't say I'm familiar with their authors, but I certainly recognize some of the artists (and I dare say an artistís renown will propel sales of a first-time author's picture book).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Gone
    The authors list sales to major publishers (and it seems each author provided their own information, because the formatting is different for each), but the site doesn't actually indicate which of those sales were made through the agency.

Excellent point. Trust, but verify....
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

trapumphkin

Question

It isn't listed as an AAR Member. They might follow AAR regulations because they seem decent enough, but who knows for sure. I'd like to believe they're good, they seem nice - with all those colorful pictures on the website. Any more tips or ideas?

Gone
    Agencies aren't listed with AAR. Individual agents are, so you'll need their names to search.

trapumphkin
    hm, good point. But the agency's namesake isn't listed.

http://www.agentquery.com/agentquery...px?agentid=740

That's where I found out about them. So far there hasn't been enough news to discourage sending them anything, so I guess it'll be ok.

practical experience, FTW Provrb1810meggy's Avatar

Herman Agency Inc.

Anyone know about Herman Agency Inc.? Their website is http://www.hermanagencyinc.com/ They are listed on P and E, but it doesn't give a $ or reccomendation either way.
    Come check out my blog: http://meganetcetera.blogspot.com

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Legitimate, good sales record. Last I heard they weren't taking unsolicited queries.

practical experience, FTW BrookieCookie777's Avatar

Herman Agency

Hi guys. Does any one have any info on the Herman Agency and Ronnie Ann Herman? I did a search on this site and found all writers had good things to say - except the agents list shows her in red to avoid. P&E has no problem with her and I can find no google that is bad. She has big name clients. I don't have a bad feeling about them - but after I saw that I wanted to know what you all thought.

Thanks for all your help! I couldn't make it without my Absolute Write crew!
    "Cowards die many times before their deaths,
    The valiant never taste of death but once."

- Shakespeare

Absolutely Fazed
    The two threads listed in the Index stickied at the top of this page:
    <snipped>
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 02-02-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: threads merged, thanks!

Thanks, Deadly. This makes me feel a little bit better. I wonder why they listed them as avoid? They have some big names clients, such as Tom Arma, the photographer. That's weird. I can't find an avoid anywhere but by the Absoulte Write moderators. Hmm. That's funny. Thanks for all your help! God bless!

- Shakespeare

The red you saw was the search function highlighting your search terms. There is no "avoid" for Ms. Herman.
    ICAO
    ---------

Good. Yea! Awesome!!! =) Thanks guys.

- Shakespeare

A friend of mine has had Jeff Herman as an agent for years & is quite happy with him. Though it's too bad they don't do fiction anymore...

Thanks RTH. Are Ronnie and Jeff the same agency? I thought Jeff had his own agency. I may be wrong though. Thanks for the advice! =)

- Shakespeare

Did a quick search -- seems you're right -- Jeff and Ronnie are in 2 different agencies.
    Last edited by RTH; 06-06-2007 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks RTH. I thought they were - but they have identical business names. Confusing, huh? =) Thanks for looking it up for me!

- Shakespeare

practical experience, FTW
    Jill Corcoran is a recent addition to the agency. She's handling MG and YA it appears. She is accepting email queries plus 10 pages. She also has an informative blog.

http://www.jillcorcoran.blogspot.com/

Ronnie Herman (agency head) is not taking queries now.

figuring it all out
    Also be aware that Jill Corcoran is only interested in PUBLISHED authors or SCBWI members.

http://www.hungermtn.org/interview-w...jill-corcoran/

http://terrypierce.blogspot.com/2009...-corcoran.html

I actually just submitted to Jill Corcoran with the Herman Agency. Although my interaction with her has been minimal, she was extremely pleasant and her clients have nothing but rave reviews regarding her work ethic and demeanor. From what I can tell, she is headed towards being very successful - anyone else with a ms out with her or with recent experience with the Herman Agency in general?

I submitted a query to Jill today, Lindzy1954. So I'm in the waiting boat too.

requiescat in pace Requiescat In Pace
    Anyone hear from Jill recently? I queried her on 1/30/10 and am still waiting.

ILS
    It is with the deepest sadness that I must tell all of you that my wife, Irene Schaft, passed away on Monday, 9 August 2010 from a massive stroke.

In lieu of flowers, please consider making a contribution to Parker Paws, http://www.parkerpaws.org/donate.html a local animal shelter.

Irene's system will only be up infrequently for the next few weeks, and her mail will not be checked regularly. Any messages of condolence can be sent to her husband George at schaft@schaft.com

Irene's blog: [URL]http://sybilsimon.com/[/URL]

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

New Sub Policy

Thought I'd post this here since I see some of you are still waiting on my reply. Thanks for all your kind words and I look forward to reading your work!

Email Queries Only. NO snail mail.
    Please email your query plus the first 10 pages of your manuscript pasted into the body of your email to jill@HermanAgencyInc.com

I ONLY represent Chapter Book, Middle Grade & Young Adult authors.

I no longer send form declines. If you do not receive an email response to your query + 10 pages within a month, I am sorry but I am not the right agent for your work.

Thanks for the update Jill - I have a YA ms out to you and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Best,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast