The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Conference] Get Published!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Conference] Get Published!

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about this organization. They are hosting some sort of writers' conference in my area and I'm trying to decide if it's worthwhile. I don't want to throw any money away, and I *especially* don't want to get trapped in a room with a bunch of high-pressure salesmen, peddling services that I don't need.

As near as I can tell from their Website, the two key organizers are named Jeremy Soldevilla from an organization called "Dystenium" and Lynn Kinnaman from a company called "Works by Design."

Thanks in Advance.

the world is at my command jennontheisland's Avatar
    you got a link?
    You are more than welcome to take anything I say personally, whether it was intended that way or not.

Eat This.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go Gravity's Avatar
    Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
    Never heard of it. Seems to be a bit light on specifics; might be worth an email to them for clarification.
    John Robinson (formerly Cameron Bane ... RIP)

the world is at my command jennontheisland's Avatar
    It's only $59 to register? Seems pretty cheap. But then, they don't seem to be working with a big budget since their website is a wordpress page. Looks like they have real authors at least.
    You are more than welcome to take anything I say personally, whether it was intended that way or not.

Eat This.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I'm personally leery of "get published!" conferences sponsored by self-/vanity publishers.

I hope justpat (Patrick of QueryTracker) will give us a report afterward.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: