Allow me to introduce myself

DeborahNagy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingonabsinthe.blogspot.com
I always feel awkward when posting one of these introductory posts, but I suppose it is less scary then just diving right into it. :)

I'm 25, and I am working on my PhD in Nuclear Physics for my day-job but you'll often find me writing or reading in my spare time (when I'm not procrastinating, drinking and partying with Madrid's Opera crowd).

I live in the Spanish capital of Madrid and have been here since 2006. I was born in England, but I'm half-Hungarian. When I was 7 years old my mother took me to Budapest because I was to learn Hungarian whether I liked it or not, and learn Hungarian I did. When I was 11 I came back to England to go to Secondary School. I moved to Germany when I was 20 for an internship and then came to Spain for my PhD, so I get around Europe quite a lot.

I've dabbled in writing since I was 13 but over the last year I've made an effort to get serious about it. I'm teaching myself to edit by writing short stories in addition to working on a novel as well (finished the 1st draft, liked the premise but not the execution so I've started again from scratch). I've been documenting my progress, my thoughts and things I've learned from writing on my blog http://www.writingonabsinthe.blogspot.com

Anyway this forum seems like great place to learn from experienced writers, both from a technique and style point of view as well as learning more about the industry itself. Pleased to meet you all.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Traditional Irish Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Darn. And here I was expecting a man of wealth and taste.