Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh wow, never thought red hair would be so flaming...

"rimshot"

Anyhow, let me rephrase that. Does anyone has any problem with left-handed protagonists or characters in general on SFF?

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yes, also lefty means clumsy in several langauge and it is considered the "unclean" hand in South East Asia...

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Yes, also lefty means clumsy in several langauge and it is considered the "unclean" hand in South East Asia...

Indeed - you eat with your right and ...er..wipe with your left, so the left is by association mucky.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It's ok; there's a consistent pattern in older Indo-European languages where things of the left side /left-travel/moving left-handwise are magical

I see, but actually was a poor attempt of mine to joke from a word related to right, as opposed to left/gauche (droit would be too obvious, I thought) never mind. It's alright. :)

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Probably. I've yet to run into any LGBT themed stories in anything I've read. The link states the Heinlien's Stranger in a Strange Land a gay novel. I don't recall that part.

The main character starts a religion based on free love of all kinds, including homosexual. I Will Fear No Evil, is very LGBT.

My now out of print, Spectrum Award Nominated novels, Moonsword and Empress of Clouds (also a finalist for the BOTY Award and the IPPY Award) have a reluctant transsexual main character, and lesbian romance in a fantasy setting. I am hoping to release an all new edition of Moonsword before years' end.

Ambri

Plotting something
Registered
Reaction score
Second star to the right, straight on till evening
Or the LEFT Hand of Darkness? Surely Ursula Le Guin didn't choose "left" by accident. And don't forget the other meanings of "left" in plain ol' English . . . "left" behind, etc., whereas "right" means "correct" etc.

It's ok; there's a consistent pattern in older Indo-European languages where things of the left side /left-travel/moving left-handwise are magical

Well, at least I'm "magical" lol . . . AND I read something that said lefties are (possibly) more intelligent, or at least have more active neurons or synaptic (almost said synopsis, ouch!) connections or something, due to having to be more ambidextrous.

The main character starts a religion based on free love of all kinds, including homosexual.

I wish we could start a REAL religion based on his book. Who's with me!?

Status
Not open for further replies.