AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Spirit House Literary Agency (Joelle Meehan)

Spirit House Literary Agency (Joelle Meehan)

I haven't been able to find anything on this agency, or books published? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonStone View Post
    I haven't been able to find anything on this agency, or books published? Anyone know?

Do you have a link?

Edit:

http://www.joellemeehan.com/SpiritHo...aryAgency.html this agency?
    Last edited by Little1; 05-17-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Adding link
    In Progress:
    Prince$$ Ti@ of Alumin@ Querying :S

practical experience, FTW
    Well they say on the first page they are not open to subs. I'd move on.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    "Spirit House is a literary agency focused on spiritual fiction, non-fiction, and children's books. We have worked with a number of spiritual teachers and authors as both agents and editors."

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald View Post
    "Spirit House is a literary agency focused on spiritual fiction, non-fiction, and children's books. We have worked with a number of spiritual teachers and authors as both agents and editors."
    Not sure I like the sound of that...
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Thank-you all for the info.

"spiritual teachers and authors as both agents and editors." What does this imply that some do not like?

When they are looking for submissions are they reputable or would you all back away with caution? hehe.

you guy and gals are awesome btw!!

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Agents being anything other than agents at the same time has a tendancy to be a conflict of interest. It often means that the agent can't support themselves as an agent and uses other means (usually in some sort of paid services). That's not the kind of agent you want. If this agency is taking payment for editing, that's a red flag. If they're referring to editors as in that they help brush up their clients' work for submission, which I don't believe is too uncommon amongst legit agents, then it's just a confusing thing to state on their website.

Either way, it would be nice to have some clarification from the agency itself.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    I don't think they're selling editing services; rather, you can hire them to coordinate a conference or retreat; or you can hire their conference centre venue.

However, the bio for the two literary agents states only that they have authored various books. There is nothing about their client list or sales to publishers, which suggests that they have no experience or track record as literary agents. They look like they know what they're doing in terms of spiritual retreats and conventions, but I doubt they've got the necessary links in the publishing industry to pitch and sell books to editors.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    The parent company, Purple Shamrock Productions, is still going, but the agency page has been dropped. http://www.joellemeehan.com/default.html
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: