Yet another newbie!

Jadedinsc

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Jade. I'm a single mom who has been writing for fun off and on for several years, and my ideas for a few books have finally frustrated me enough that I've decided to sit down and write the darn things. If I can ever get them published, well, that'd be just awesome, but right now my goal is actually finishing what I start and maybe seeing if other people like what they read (baby steps). I think my biggest hurdle to overcome will be gaining the confidence to believe I can actually write something of quality. In that regard, I've got some awesome friends who are willing to poke and prod me until I deliver on small bits of writing, not to mention my boyfriend who ignores my claims that he's biased and keeps pestering me to go at it. The only problem is that none of them are writers and they can't always answer my writing-related questions. Hence, I joined up here. ;)

Apart from being an aspiring writer, I am a nerdy geek who has managed to pass her love of reading and gaming on to her son. No outing is complete without a trip to the bookstore for us, and he will complain loudly if I don't go. He's an incredibly bright six year-old who almost always has a smile on his face. During the week my life consists of driving him to school and other extra-curricular activities. T-ball season has just begun so that's taking up a huge chunk of our time, and we spend the weekends vegging out in the house we share with two cats and two dogs, who each have unique personalities and provide us with lots of laughter and love.

This summer we're hoping to move to North Carolina, though that's still not yet set in stone (more like it's set in wet clay at the moment), and if we don't make it this year, we will definitely make it next year. For now, we reside in South Carolina where I have lived for all but roughly two years of my life.

I'll probably lurk a lot more than I'll post, but so far I've enjoyed what I've read and hope to participate quite a bit.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

It's really wonderful that you found this site before falling into one of the many pit traps lurking for new authors. I hope that you enjoy it!

JohnM

Cruel Dictator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. what part of NC are you guys looking at? I live in Hillsborough, just outside of Durham.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Welcome to the forums!

Getting that confidence, and eventually finishing those books, comes with time and practice. That you've made it here will help you advance far, and quickly...good luck to you!

Jadedinsc

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. what part of NC are you guys looking at? I live in Hillsborough, just outside of Durham.

Right now my answer is "Somewhere near Asheville." A lot of it will just depend on what sort of rental properties I can find and what's available in terms of schools and job opportunities. My boyfriend recently relocated to the area to be near his family and next year he'll be helping his father with running a restaurant (not in Asheville, but nearby).

And thanks to everyone for all the welcomes. :)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
It's tough as a single mum (been there). But you're with friends. Glad to have you here, hun.