The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, Zefiris, that's a rough day. Sorry to hear that.

Well, the interview went awesomely and history didn't repeat itself with those sub rejections, so I'm going to mark this one as a win.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Don't worry I've already run to the hills and am currently building some fortifications :)

I got dead excited at first how it said "we find your novel interesting, well written blah blah blah"

Then I got to the two grand fee and the warning siren went off in my head, my brain started screaming "SCAM!" and my hopes were shattered :( :( :(

Then to rub salt in the wounds the next letter I opened was a rejection from an agent who had took a full manuscript.

What company? You should pop it up on BR&BC to warn others!

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Bloomin' 'ell! It's all kicking off in here today!
KTC -- :hooray:

Danielle --:partyguy: for the weekend! Please don't eat any cake like the one you posted. Yuch. That 'American cheese' layer (whatever it is) looks revolting.

MG-- Rejections first thing? Some say a big bowl of bran is the best way to start the day, but an R in the inbox really gets the digestion moving.

Beckstah--congrats on the interview:D

Zefiris-- what's going on? :rant:So sorry on the full. I'm with KTC about the leeches. Get your ass to B&BC. These companies are parasitic scum.

ps. Anyone heard from IdiotsRUs lately?

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Oh good God. I saw an e-mail from one of the agents who has my full and I absolutely panicked. They were just replaying to my follow up e-mail to confirm receipt, tell me that they're reviewing it "as we speak," and apologizing for the delay.

I think my heart will stop pounding eventually.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Oh good God. I saw an e-mail from one of the agents who has my full and I absolutely panicked. They were just replaying to my follow up e-mail to confirm receipt, tell me that they're reviewing it "as we speak," and apologizing for the delay.

I think my heart will stop pounding eventually.
HA! I know what you mean by the heart-attack messages. Whenever I get something from Dream Agent, I suffer a heart attack. Then I Forward the message to my little circle of friends who are in on it and they have heart attacks. Then I come to the Daily Rejection and I have a few more heart attacks.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
SCREAM. Oh my God!!! The agent's intern was the one who sent that message just now (she screens everything first), and she sent another message:

"Actually, we're waiting on [agent's] reply. I sent it to him in hopes that he'll like it as much as I did."

FREAKING OUT OVER HERE.

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Then to rub salt in the wounds the next letter I opened was a rejection from an agent who had took a full manuscript.

Sorry about the rejection on the full but glad you know how to recognize the scammer. Go you!

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the interview went awesomely and history didn't repeat itself with those sub rejections, so I'm going to mark this one as a win.
Congratulations on that interview!

SCREAM. Oh my God!!! The agent's intern was the one who sent that message just now (she screens everything first), and she sent another message:

"Actually, we're waiting on [agent's] reply. I sent it to him in hopes that he'll like it as much as I did."

FREAKING OUT OVER HERE.
And, well, Holy S**t! Congratulations on this, too. I'd say you can totally mark this as a day in the "good" column.

Danielle S.

Ms. Or if you're miffed, Young Lady
Registered
Reaction score

FREAKING OUT OVER HERE.

Yaaay! Good luck!

*throws confetti*

EagerReader

commaholic and adverb junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I just posted at the Agency thread, but hey, I love good news. Go, Beckstah, Go!
Good luck, because it's one thing you can never have too much of. (unlike cake)

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
This board is burning up with news good and bad! Soon we're gonna be like those Purgatory threads, all wild and moving a mile a minute. That is, unless a few of us . . . move out. Anyway, who knew this thread would take off so on that historic first post? Devil Ledbetter, you devil y-- oh. Yeah.

Day 36 of the Countup. One snail-R in the mail today. Tuesday July 6 I'm taking off for five weeks in Vancouver to hang out with gainfully employed family. It would be nice if something came through for me during that time, so I could quit being an idle mooch and start being a mooch with expectations. Hello, Dream Agent?

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score

FREAKING OUT OVER HERE.

:e2cheer:

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Well --

Yet another rejection.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing to celebrate in this corner. I received one more R, bringing my total so far to 5. All that in only two weeks! *shrugs*

ETA: Actually, I have a few days off coming up and I think I'm going to send out another batch of queries. I will send out 5 queries for every 1 reject I receive. Boost my odds, maybe? Does that sound rediculous?

Last edited:

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Another email R today. But, this one made it sound like the query was ok, but it wasn't his thing. See, all you doubters were wrong! hee hee Yes, I'm still working on the query rewrite, no matter what this guy's form letter said. :D

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Tuesday July 6 I'm taking off for five weeks in Vancouver to hang out with gainfully employed family. It would be nice if something came through for me during that time, so I could quit being an idle mooch and start being a mooch with expectations. Hello, Dream Agent?

Five weeks? You're going to have to try hard to keep up. Vancouver should be pretty nice about now. Have a good trip!

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I have a few days off coming up and I think I'm going to send out another batch of queries. I will send out 5 queries for every 1 reject I receive. Boost my odds, maybe? Does that sound rediculous?

Hale no it doesn't sound ridiculous. In fact, I like your method. Five revenge queries for every R, nice.

Five weeks? You're going to have to try hard to keep up. Vancouver should be pretty nice about now. Have a good trip!
Tnx!

NickSaw

Novelist for Sale
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicksawatsky.blogspot.com
In the spirit of heart attacks, one of the agents with my ms sent me an email as well. She has uploaded it to her kindle and is gettin' ready to read.

Danielle S.

Ms. Or if you're miffed, Young Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Wow everyone. Good luck! Perhaps we all have to rub this lucky thread!

I sent off a shiny new story to Big Literary Journal.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
rejection on a query. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.