The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Yay Lady A! :snoopy:

Hathor, I have not watched any hockey. Not one second. Instead I was roped into watching Star Wars episode IV.

Still noting in my inbox. And the cold I've been avoiding seems to have found me. My brain is too fuzzy to write or query. :(

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
I guess this is a rejection of sorts--my editorial board voted down my title for the newest thriller. I wanted The Wolven Strain, to stay away from Whitley Strieber's title. Alas, the publisher wants The Wolfen Strain. Okay, fine. Let er rip, sez I.

tri

Hey, at least they didn't want to call it Hoary Nights.

Get well, Carleree. I'd suggest Yukon Jack, but that probably doesn't heal you so much as make you oblivious to your ailment.

No, I wasn't drinking it during the Caps game. Maybe several of our defensemen had, though. My man Holtby took responsibility for the goals, but he wasn't the one responsible. I have to say I'm impressed by him. He has worked with a sports psychologist in the past, who taught him to visualize success.

So let's all do that. Visualize those wonderful words coming on our computer screens. Visualize those agents and publishers swooning...

Or, in terms you'd understand: "Do or do not. There is no try." I assume you're now in Episode V. :)

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, at least they didn't want to call it Hoary Nights.

Get well, Carleree. I'd suggest Yukon Jack, but that probably doesn't heal you so much as make you oblivious to your ailment.

No, I wasn't drinking it during the Caps game. Maybe several of our defensemen had, though. My man Holtby took responsibility for the goals, but he wasn't the one responsible. I have to say I'm impressed by him. He has worked with a sports psychologist in the past, who taught him to visualize success.

So let's all do that. Visualize those wonderful words coming on our computer screens. Visualize those agents and publishers swooning...

Or, in terms you'd understand: "Do or do not. There is no try." I assume you're now in Episode V. :)
Episode V will wait until next weekend. Today it's Indiana Jones. My children are mutants. Why couldn't they like Harry Potter like their mother?

No drinking for me today. Not even tomorrow. In fact, tomorrow I am giving up cigarettes, pop, and carbs. It's going to be a tough week.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
You...you prefer Harry Potter to Indiana Jones?

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
But it looks like it was made out of pipe cleaners.
icon12.gif

itsmary

have faith, restart
Registered
Reaction score
Received another form rejection this morning. Why do they always seem to come on Fridays or Mondays?

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Received another form rejection this morning. Why do they always seem to come on Fridays or Mondays?

Friday they're clearing everything off to start the week fresh, whereas on Mondays it's completely different, they're clearing everything off to start the week fresh.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Another rejection, although this one wasn't a form one. Apparently, she wasn't 'enthusiastic enough about the concept' to ask for a full. Obviously some agents don't like murderous teenage protags ;)

Plus, this wasn't one of the agents I sent my original (read: rubbish) beginning to. So sad :(

Quickbread

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between the beginning and the end
Sorry about the R, LadyA.

I've got nothing but church mice over here. Not a peep, which makes me wonder if my big blast of queries from two months ago is about finished as far as responses go. One full still out; one partial still out.

There are a few in the bunch I'd still really like to hear from, so I might follow up on those. I am also hoping to get input from the full/partial reads before querying further.

Ah well. Looks like it's time to get busy on the next novel.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
I dunno QB, things have been incredibly quiet for me too. I think agents have just been swamped the past few weeks.

Here's hoping they clear up some room in their schedules so they can get back to rejecting us soon.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Crickets chirping. Waiting for something to bust open here. I need my magazine editor to okay my latest article, and he's behind on that. Finished my back cover blurb for The Wolfen Strain. Release is this month, but I better see the artwork first. Sent in three more sub packages to some higher-end independent publishers--that's a total of 14 in the last two months.

Oh, yeah, my first royalty check for my SF title will be here any day now. Hoping for three digit figures, and it looks like it might be in that ballpark.

tri

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad I can come here to bitch and moan. If I didn't see all you guys complaining about a lack of activity I'd be seriously wondering if my name was on the double-secret agent blacklist or something.

(trying out Carleree's technique, let's see if it works)

Status
Not open for further replies.