The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Form rejection late yesterday and another early this morning. I sincerely hope I start getting requests again soon. Or an offer. That would be better...

You should get an offer. Surely, that karma bitch ought to be satisfied by now.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Do I detect a small bit of sarcasm there, Paul?

Another rejection today. I'm on a roll.
icon10.gif

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
small???

lol. nah, it was actually humour / wittiness. though I am beginning to realise the written word on the net is a tricky, tricky thing.

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my goodness. My inbox is a tiny little ghost town where little tumbleweeds roll through.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
small???

lol. nah, it was actually humour / wittiness. though I am beginning to realise the written word on the net is a tricky, tricky thing.

That's why we have the smilies. ;)

Or we get to know each other so well that we know someone's making a joke. Like I was new to Query Letter Hell and said something about I just wanted everyone to love, love, love my query and request pages. More than one person patiently explained this was impossible. Ain't as funny if you have to tell people it's a joke...

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Hathor. It's just a partial, but she personalized the request and told me exactly why she asked for more. I needed it today. I had two form rejections. :hooray:<-That's me.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
"Thanks for sending me your query. I'm interested in your novel. I loved all those prep school novels about growing up. I was wondering, if you haven't already found representation, if you could send me the first three chapters and a detailed synopsis of your novel? "

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Hathor. It's just a partial, but she personalized the request and told me exactly why she asked for more. I needed it today. I had two form rejections. :hooray:<-That's me.

There's no "just" involved if it's personalized. Plus, you know it wasn't from an assistant.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, not an assistant. And a request is a request. I propose we drink. Mind you, I'll use any excuse for a drink on Mondays
icon12.gif

Yeah, I need a drink. Tampa Bay took the lead with one minute left, and then added an empty-net goal at the buzzer. Bah. It's going to come down to the last two games of the season for us. Methinks our new coach won't be back next year.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I know that line Carleree, I'm sure I've had a submission with that agent. Can you PM me the name? I hope her initials aren't R.B.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I need a drink. Tampa Bay took the lead with one minute left, and then added an empty-net goal at the buzzer. Bah. It's going to come down to the last two games of the season for us. Methinks our new coach won't be back next year.

You can always cheer for the 'Nucks.

Ask Carleree why all the women around here like Kesler.

Status
Not open for further replies.