The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova Odyssey

Marvelous
Registered
Reaction score
Nova! Boooo! Which contest and why? WHY? Tell 'em to go f&*k themselves.

Ha! Black Lawrence Big Moose Prize. Or something like that. Nothing I had my heart on. Didn't even make finalist. That's ok. The baby just said da-da-da and ma-ma-ma so at least somebody's making progress with words in the house.;)

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Hathor had good advice for writing with kids in the house. I don't know how I get writing done. i just do it. And I plan my chapters and dialog (I keep notes everywhere) so when I do get the chance, I fly through the bit I'm working on. And I stay up till 2 in the morning a lot.

Boo, Nova. That sucks.

And no one has guessed what I did, and I'm still not telling. Na na na na boo boo.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! Black Lawrence Big Moose Prize. Or something like that. Nothing I had my heart on. Didn't even make finalist. That's ok. The baby just said da-da-da and ma-ma-ma so at least somebody's making progress with words in the house.;)

Ah, that's so cute (the words, not the Black Lawrence Big Moose Prize -- they obviously don't recognize talent, right?). My daughter's first word was "more," and my son's was "hat."

I guess the pain med isn't good enough to watch the Caps. Aargh. I've switched to an NCIS rerun.

Still haven't guessed Carleree's deep dark secret.
I know, I know. She went into the minimart at the gas station for a loaf of bread. "Don't you [blankety blanks] have any [blank] bread without Sidney [blankety] Crosby on the wrapper?" The authorities were called.

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Am having some sort of horrible, freakish reckoning this week. Just found out didn't make 2nd round of Amazon contest. Am wanted nowhere. Write crap. That is all.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Stop that, Polly *smacks you* snap out of it. You will get published. Persevere! Keep going!

I am on pins and needles. Today is the 7th day since I sent my last full in. That agent tends to respond to fulls in 8-10 days.

Someone think of something for me to do to get away from my inbox. I've been staring it so long I think my eyebalss are now square.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Am having some sort of horrible, freakish reckoning this week. Just found out didn't make 2nd round of Amazon contest. Am wanted nowhere. Write crap. That is all.

Yes you are and no you don't.

I had my doubts about the accuracy of the literary judgment in at least the early round of that contest -- why I didn't enter, in fact.

Carleree, this is karma. If you tell us about the gas station, you will hear from this agent.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
The short version is that I went in to the store and ranted for a good fifteen minutes, in front of a crowd, about something that was completely my fault.

I shouldn't leave the house before I have a cup of tea. Ever.
icon11.gif

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, don't sweat it. My piano teacher used to own a gas station with his family. He told me stories of really nasty customers -- minors cursing him out because he wouldn't sell them cigarettes, customers yelling at him because of credit card company rules, folks telling him he had no business working in America and should go back to wherever he came from. He said he dealt with at least one incident like this a day.

I doubt whatever you did was that remarkable compared to the nasty idiots they've probably dealt with.

carefulwithwords

Registered
Reaction score
Polly, sorry you didn't make it through (((hugs))).

I used the same pitch as last year and it got through again. But I saw a lot of people who did the same and didn't make it. Who knows how ABNA chooses those 2000 pitches. Personally, I suspect it might be completely random.

Just look at it this way, they didn't actually read any of your book. So your book wasn't rejected :D

Nova Odyssey

Marvelous
Registered
Reaction score

Don't get me started on that Amazon... Sorry pollymilton. And yeah, they didn't read the book so the book wasn't rejected.

Careful, that's great!

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
The short version is that I went in to the store and ranted for a good fifteen minutes, in front of a crowd, about something that was completely my fault.

I shouldn't leave the house before I have a cup of tea. Ever.
icon11.gif

Oh and here I thought you'd forgotten to take your Bruins jersey off before going out in public.

Hathor

Registered
Reaction score
Oh and here I thought you'd forgotten to take your Bruins jersey off before going out in public.

Noooo, not our sweet Carleree. Bite your tongue. (So are the Bruins the ones you Canuckskys love to hate? Here, it's the Penguins, obviously. Not too fond of the Flyers or Rangers, either.)

carefulwithwords

Registered
Reaction score
Guys! Stay on topic! It's Friday :::drumroll::: the official agents clear out your inbox before the weekend aka REJECTION day!

Ok. So let's have a contest, who'll get a RE: Query first...

Status
Not open for further replies.