The Daily Rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
And on the downside, my team is also. Ninth place in their conference -- sheesh. We might actually miss the playoffs.

Plus, I found out this morning I need to have oral surgery. I hate going to the dentist.

I need some good news.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Another form R today. I guess I had start getting another batch ready to go out. Le sigh.

It's thing like that that just make you want to shout, "Oovil Sneetch!" at the top of your lungs isn't it?

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I'm still in shock. I've sent the file and my fingers are still shaking. But I have managed to stop hyperventilating. That's a good sign. And hey, now I know my query works :)

pollymilton

please hold....
Registered
Reaction score
Like a nerd, I totally came back tonight to see if there was any news, Carelee.

Commander Please!

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
Like a nerd, I totally came back tonight to see if there was any news, Carelee.

Commander Please!

I've come back to read the comments here every fifteen minutes. Why? Not only am I a nerd, my husband keeps asking if I've heard back yet. I come here to make it look like I'm doing something productive other than check my email.

*shrugs* Oovil Snetch.

Stats on querytracker say she responds in about 3 weeks to fulls. I guess I won't be waiting long :)

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do not grab your heart from behind! Grab it from the front.

Commander please!

carefulwithwords

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Caralee! That's more like it!

I was super bummed not to make it into either of the cupidlitblog's windows. Even though I hit send both times at :00 exactly.

I got two Query R's this week. Still hearing nothing but crickets from the fulls and partials out. Also...I've been querying about 3-4 agents/day and getting only 1-2 responses per week for about 6 weeks now. Agents, what's the deal, huh?

Did anyone else watch #agentday? Did anyone else feel less awe, more turned off by the agents who participated. Why don't they get off twitter and answer their #@$% queries???!!

DoctorK

I'm not a Dr., I'm a baseball fan.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
PagesOfWords.blogspot.com
I only followed a little of #agentday, and while I was really impressed with some of the agents who participated, I was really turned off by others.

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
OH MY GODIVA!!!!

Another request for a full of a query I sent yesterday. And she's a big agent, too. I didn't think i had a chance at all with this one.

Somebody pinch me! Or something less painful to tell me I'm not dreaming.
icon12.gif

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
WOwOWow Caralee, awesome! Now the waiting... :D
:) THanks

I don't actually mind this waiting. Getting to the request point was exhausting and hard to stay positive. Now I have time to catch my breath. Am I crazy because I won't mind a rejection on the fulls? I'm just thrilled to make it out of the slushpile. That, to me, is a huge win.

That being said, if I get an offer I plan to get knee-walking drunk and dance around my living room shouting obscene rap songs to bug my husband who didn't bother reading this book. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.