Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
Got a rejection on a full this morning.
What a bummer.

Think I'll have a glass of wine with those cookies.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, I've been trying to wrench a full rejection from one agent who's had the (expensive paper plus postage) MS for eight months now. I want my SASE back, dammit!

:D

Have another glass of wine, Esmeralda. I'll join you and bring along a couple bottles of a witty yet unpretentious Sauvignon Blanc.

As for rolling, Sydney, I do hold the greater Providence area record for that. Thank you for reminding me.

:Guitar:

Esmeralda

Snowman...on the job
Registered
Reaction score
The worse part is I don't know why.
Geez Phaeal...eight months!
I only waited 6 weeks...6 grueling, nail bitting weeks.
Such is the business.
Pick myself up and try again.

Are those peanut butter cookies or chocolate chip? Doesn't matter. Pino goes with everything! I've got extra glasses for everyone.

Phaeal

Registered
Reaction score
HEY! I just realized we're all cat avatars on this page. That proves my theory that we the rejected are victims of the CANINE-CENTRIC publishing industry. Rrrrowr.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a dog too. But that cat attacked my face, so I post her picture as a constant reminder.

I am thinking of posting a rejection in here that i havent gotten yet. I have had a partial out for just about three months now. (few days short maybe) and am getting ready to do the remember me message. From what Ive seen those RM messages always end in reject.

Hathor

Goddess of Rationalization
Registered
Reaction score
I have had a partial out for just about three months now. (few days short maybe) and am getting ready to do the remember me message. From what Ive seen those RM messages always end in reject.

Or you hear that they are still reviewing your work or they ignore the RM altogether :)

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I have a dog too. But that cat attacked my face, so I post her picture as a constant reminder.

Was it right after your avatar picture was taken? She looks pretty pissed off there, "Get that freaking hat away from me woman!"

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Was it right after your avatar picture was taken? She looks pretty pissed off there, "Get that freaking hat away from me woman!"

Oh no the attack was months after. this just shows you that cats are sneaky revenge plotters.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or you hear that they are still reviewing your work or they ignore the RM altogether :)

What I am really dreading is that the agent will say, i never got it. and by now she will be confused as to who I am, or why she wanted it. :(

Carleree

Queen of Catastrophes
Registered
Reaction score
My email is broken, but on the upside that means I can't receive any rejections. I like to look at the positive side of everything, you know--silver lining and all such crap.
icon12.gif

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Oh..and I had a snail rejection this week. The stationary was pretty expensive so I'm glad I sprung for the self-sealing envelope to go with it.
icon10.gif

Phaeal

Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm, expensive rejection stationery. Now that's a classy agency.

Creole Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Got a rejection on a full today. The agent was referred by one of her clients which gave a a heightened sense of optimism. What a let down. Still have 6 partials and 13 queries floating out there.

rosiecotton

Lover of Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys! Only me!

Just wanted to pop back to tell you that I've got a book deal! My YA fantasy, The Dark L1ight will be published by S1mon Pu1se in 2012!! And it all started here in the Daily R!!!!!

I know this time of year is stinky rotten for querying, so here's to the New Year, fresh queries, and hungry agents! Editors are buying--it can be done!

Have a great holiday, one and all! And thanks so much for all the fun and crazy times this summer--couldn't have got through it without you!

Rosie

Phaeal

Registered
Reaction score
Get ye now to Goals and Accomplishments, girl. And CGs! And change your title and location. Geez, you have a lot of work to do. :D

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys! Only me!

Just wanted to pop back to tell you that I've got a book deal! My YA fantasy, The Dark L1ight will be published by S1mon Pu1se in 2012!! And it all started here in the Daily R!!!!!

I know this time of year is stinky rotten for querying, so here's to the New Year, fresh queries, and hungry agents! Editors are buying--it can be done!

Have a great holiday, one and all! And thanks so much for all the fun and crazy times this summer--couldn't have got through it without you!

Rosie

The chronically unpblished, living in On Sub Yay! is no more. you are now the Sold Your Book living on Cloud 1 million!! :partyguy:

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Hi, guys! Only me!

Rosie

Woohooo!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! :snoopy: Thanks for sharing with us and giving us hope!!

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a new plan!! It is amazing in its subtlety (sp?). I will tell you all my plan, because it is that amazing. I am going to send out a whole bunch of queries on Christmas Day. That way when the agents get back and see that I queried on xmas day they will feel sorry for me because I was not out with my family doing family things.

Or they will just think I am a different religion that doesnt celebrate Christmas.

Nevermind. Not that good of a plan.

EAPerkins

Registered
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I got my first non-response rejection today. Checked an agent's twitter to see she's caught up. She's a "responds only if interested" agent. And saw someone else who submitted a day after I did got a request for a partial from her yesterday. So I'm fairly sure I won't be hearing anything.
Now here's the thing-- I know there will be rejections. Odds are there will be lots of them. But I went from cheerfully making holiday fudge and truffles to thinking everything I write is utter crap fast enough to get mental whiplash. I'm not a fool, or (normally) hyper-emotional, but I ended up tearing up over this, my first actual rejection. Are there any tips? Tricks? Something to keep me from from becoming a Miss Havisham; wandering around in my writing pj's absently clutching my manuscript to my breast and moaning?
I'm annoyed by myself. And diving face-first into a pile of peanut butter fudge is looking good. Any advice to divert a depressive widening of my posterior would be greatly appreciated.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
I have a new plan!! It is amazing in its subtlety (sp?). I will tell you all my plan, because it is that amazing. I am going to send out a whole bunch of queries on Christmas Day. That way when the agents get back and see that I queried on xmas day they will feel sorry for me because I was not out with my family doing family things.

Or they will just think I am a different religion that doesnt celebrate Christmas.

Nevermind. Not that good of a plan.

Or they'll think, man she must be desperate! Pass!

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
Any advice to divert a depressive widening of my posterior would be greatly appreciated.

Keep doing it for long enough and you'll develop a thicker skin. Unless you have been through an English program at a major institution you are going to face a learning curve before you get an agent or get published. The faster you learn the sooner you can get on with writing books that actually DO get published. Odds are very good that, unless you write non-fiction and have an excellent background for the kind of project you're proposing your first book will not sell. So, don't be disappointed, don't see it as a failure. It is a learning experience and one that nearly everyone in our shoes must go through if we want to be published one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.