The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Fine Line Publishing

Been a long time... OneTeam OneDream's Avatar

Fine Line Publishing

They are out of Virginia. That is all I know. Does anyone know more?

Googling didn't yield much info

One web site (http://www.kazor.com/businessPR/Pandora's%20Game.htm), discussing a book to be released by fine Line in 2001, gives this info:
    Julianna* Smith* Publisher*
    Fine Line Publishing Co. Inc.*
    *P.O. Box 502*
    Vinton Va : 24179*
    1-888-643-6600*
    1-703-991-1386*
    *books@fine-linepc.com**
    www.fine-linepc.com**

However the website isn't for a publisher. And they're not in the 2005 Roanoke Phone Book. The 703 area code changed to 540 several years ago. Googling the phone number produced nothing.

Googling, however, produced this:
    Apparently they've done two books in 2001 by Christopher Andrews—"Pandora's Game is scheduled to be released September 5, 2001 by Fine Line Publishing Co. Inc. Dream Parlor has a current release date of September 10, 2001. Both novels will also be available at the official Fine Line website at www. Fine-LinePC.com by phone, fax, website or email and will be available at many online bookstores, including Amazon.com and BN.com. It will also be available in bookstores around the United States and Canada. The author will be holding signings at bookstores in California into the year 2002."

At http://www.denisemclark.com/scifirevdatapg3.html, the following books get very good reviews:

Paranormals
    By Christopher Andrews
    A Fine Line Book – 2002
    ISBN: 0-9713553-8-x
    www.fine-linepc.co

Dream Catcher II:
    The Circle
    By Julianne Smith
    Fine Line Publishing Co. – 2001
    ISBN: 0-9713553-3-9

On the same page are a couple of reviews for PublishAmerica books and a couple for Tor books, as well as a few others.

It appears that Fine Line is/was a science ficition publisher. Although I'm from the area, I've never heard of it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PVish
    One web site (http://www.kazor.com/businessPR/Pandora's%20Game.htm), discussing a book to be released by fine Line in 2001, gives this info:
    Julianna* Smith* Publisher*
    Fine Line Publishing Co. Inc.*
    *P.O. Box 502*
    Vinton Va : 24179*
    1-888-643-6600*
    1-703-991-1386*
    *books@fine-linepc.com**
    www.fine-linepc.com**

However the website isn't for a publisher. And they're not in the 2005 Roanoke Phone Book. The 703 area code changed to 540 several years ago. Googling the phone number produced nothing.

Googling, however, produced this:
    Apparently they've done two books in 2001 by Christopher Andrews—"Pandora's Game is scheduled to be released September 5, 2001 by Fine Line Publishing Co. Inc. Dream Parlor has a current release date of September 10, 2001. Both novels will also be available at the official Fine Line website at www. Fine-LinePC.com by phone, fax, website or email and will be available at many online bookstores, including Amazon.com and BN.com. It will also be available in bookstores around the United States and Canada. The author will be holding signings at bookstores in California into the year 2002."

At http://www.denisemclark.com/scifirevdatapg3.html, the following books get very good reviews:

Paranormals
    By Christopher Andrews
    A Fine Line Book – 2002
    ISBN: 0-9713553-8-x
    www.fine-linepc.co

Dream Catcher II:
    The Circle
    By Julianne Smith
    Fine Line Publishing Co. – 2001
    ISBN: 0-9713553-3-9

On the same page are a couple of reviews for PublishAmerica books and a couple for Tor books, as well as a few others.

It appears that Fine Line is/was a science ficition publisher. Although I'm from the area, I've never heard of it, though.

As we've talked about Vinton is actually where my story takes place, but it appears this publisher is out of business. Thanks for the info. I will, just out of curiousity, try the 888 number tomorrow morning. I remember when 703 changed to 540, but the 991 prefix has never been a Vinton number. Weird.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    They were listed for a time as a small press, but with an expired domain and nothing published after 2002, I agree they're kaput. Alas.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux
    They were listed for a time as a small press, but with an expired domain and nothing published after 2002, I agree they're kaput. Alas.

Yes, I found 3 phone numbers for them and all of them are disconnected.