• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Ed Victor Ltd.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
does anyone happen to know who the agent is for Eoin Colfer, the author of the Artemis Fowl series, among others?

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
On Publishers Marketplace, it lists a deal for him in '08 negotiated by Sophie Hicks of Ed Victor Ltd. It lists a deal in 06 by Stephen Chudney of The Chudney Agency. He might have multiple agents for U.S. versus foreign rights.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Since Mr Colfer is Irish, it is quite likely that Ed Victor is his agency and Chudney handle US rights for them

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I kept finding comments from Mr. Colfer that he had to get an agent, but I couldn't find any about whom he had chosen.

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomalanbrosz.wordpress.com
Thanks, everyone. I kept finding comments from Mr. Colfer that he had to get an agent, but I couldn't find any about whom he had chosen.

One reference implied that he had "changed" agents before his Artemis Fowl books, but others said that he got an agent for the first time at this point. I don't know much more than that.

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
Does not accept submissions

I sent a snail-mail query in to Ed Victor and received a note back to say that they do no accept unsolicited submissions.

I believe Eoin Colfer joined this agency as a result of a standard query submission (some years ago).

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Victor passed away in '17 (obit). Agency acquired by Curtis Brown soon thereafter.

Bedford Square hasn't published anything since '13.