The Finish the Damn Book Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
650 words and it's not even evening yet :) I just had to get it out. They was threatening to eat me from the inside out if I didnt get them down.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
That is so sweet.
My mum has a thing for Arnie too :p

Will do :)

Holly Molly! Thats incredible. I cant magine it would be much fun. Running on 3 hours of sleep a day cant be very good for you. Thank goodness it was only for 5 days.

Wow, you really are a power house :)

I just wrote a little over 6,000 words total on my fan fiction. I write and publish fan fiction solely for my Glamberts' entertainment. I was only into original fiction, but when they heard from someone I was a writer, they told me they wanted to read some of my work and I wasn't about to send my original fiction to anyone, so i just started writing fan fic just for them. I love my fellow Glamberts. :D

Now I am attempting to get my 6,000 words for my original fiction today because I took a nap today at 6:00 PM, woke up at 9:30 PM and that killed me. I started at 96,000 less than 2 hours ago and I'm already at 98,600. Crossing my fingers to get to 99,000 at least. Or 100,000. Don't expect to get to 102,000, but then again, I'm one day ahead again, so no rush here.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
It's 4:22 AM and I did go all the way to my desired 102,000 words. The action with these guys doesn't stop. These characters don't let me sleep man. They don't rest.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Hehe, thats great Christina. Well Done.

I managed another 230 while the boys were distracted for five seconds drawing lions on tiger print paper.

That makes for a total so far today of 889 and I havnt even reached my usual writing time yet.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Hehe, thats great Christina. Well Done.

I managed another 230 while the boys were distracted for five seconds drawing lions on tiger print paper.

That makes for a total so far today of 889 and I havnt even reached my usual writing time yet.

Great day for you!

Christina, it's exciting just to read about your progress!

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Currently working. I'm at 106,000 out of a total of 108,000 words and I am going to work on one of my fan fics while watching American Idol tonight.

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Currently working. I'm at 106,000 out of a total of 108,000 words and I am going to work on one of my fan fics while watching American Idol tonight.

Christina, you are a machine! Wow.

French Maiden, great for you to get a minute (or five seconds I think it was) for your writing, keep up the good work.

Anna, great work in those temps :)

Set a personal best for this novel today, 3,500. Over 12,000 words this week so far, with one day left. ( I have to work over the weekend)
- So, well ahead of my target of 7,700, yipee!

AKyber36

Registered
Reaction score
Go, Christina! =) Seriously awesome progress!

Short story current word count: 2,545 words. I had to rewrite a part that kept blocking me, but with a change of environment, I was finally able to break that block. 315 words of additional progress. =)

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome, AKyber, it's such a great feeling to break through :)

About 400 words for me yesterday. I think I overheated my writing brain the day before, between the WIP and two blog posts (what the heck was I thinking?)

Or maybe I'm coming down with something, but I feel like I'm moving through sludge.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Another 500 words tonight.
It was really quite amusing. Amaya has never seen a bed before and to hear how she described it was really amusing - A rectangle of softness, large enough to fit multiple bodies.

The boys are at their dad's place for the weekend now so I've got some time to hopefully get more words out adn continue to read this sad book. Even though I've read it before I cant help but feel devastated for the characters.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Erghhh, had so much on today that I didn't get a chance to write until half an hour ago (1am). I can't wait to read them back in the morning and see what the hell I wrote ;)

16,200 total.

Good job on hte words.

Sometimes it's as if I've written a different language when I'm so over tired. It's always entertaint though.

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good job on hte words.

Sometimes it's as if I've written a different language when I'm so over tired. It's always entertaint though.

I never re-read what I have written until a I am beginning the pre-second draft read! That's just me though, I don't want my rubbish writing upsetting my rhythm for the day.

On that note, it is 14:47 here in Ireland at the end of my five-day week of writing. I have blown my target to pieces (7,700/ week), I'm closing my WIP for the weekend with 14, 875 words written. :partyguy:

I think this weeks total will allow me take a break Monday morning, as I've a guy who needs a hand with writing a story, and I have been putting the visit off for some time now.

So happy with this past week!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting there. I have about 50 pages left to line edit, then I go through and check out all the comments and make adjustments and then....it's ready to format! I just need to get a cover.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I never re-read what I have written until a I am beginning the pre-second draft read! That's just me though, I don't want my rubbish writing upsetting my rhythm for the day.

On that note, it is 14:47 here in Ireland at the end of my five-day week of writing. I have blown my target to pieces (7,700/ week), I'm closing my WIP for the weekend with 14, 875 words written. :partyguy:

I think this weeks total will allow me take a break Monday morning, as I've a guy who needs a hand with writing a story, and I have been putting the visit off for some time now.

So happy with this past week!

Keep up the good work everyone.

:partyguy: Indeed! Thats fantastic. Enjoy your break.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Hi All! Looks like everyone has had a good writing week.

I'm super excited! Since going back to this WIP, I've been forcing myself to "just write," and push forward despite knowing what I was producing was not good. Today I feel like I'm finding my rhythm again, though the work is taking a different turn than planned. Definitely something new for me. Whether or not I can make it work remains to be seen, but I'm happydancing to feel good about writing again.

700 words today.
WIP: Frag Hag
Goal: 85,000 words by June 1.
Current: 16,200
Daily goal: Still squishy at the moment, trying to get back into the discipline.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Current Stats:

Dark Angel of Song fan fiction - first 2,000 words of the day written down, working on second 2,000 words for the day. Total = 4,000. Expecting to reach a total word count of 28,000.

Rock Star - fan fiction - expecting to do 2,000 words.

Total on fan fiction = 6,000 words

My Wife's Brothers Expecting to do 7,000 words for today.

Total intended word count in all three WIP's = 13,000-ish.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Well, so far today I have 13,000 words on one story, set up a blog which, obviously, I'll have to go edit http://zombietripper.blogspot.com/
But since I'm computer illiterate I'll have to figure that out.
Also have a twitter now, that I'll need to figure out how to link to.

lebbieb

Registered
Reaction score
You all are so inspiring and amazing!

I have really been struggling in figuring out where to begin my novel. I have changed the opening scene so many times in my head but nothing has felt right. I was so worried about starting with a cliché. But today I said the hell with it. My story starts with my mc waking up and it finally feels right.

Pitiful word count today: 55 words (embarrassingly thrilled with this)

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats lebbieb

A start is a start, and that is awesome! You can always change the opening later, once you see how the novel takes shape--but only if there's something to change.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
You all are so inspiring and amazing!

I have really been struggling in figuring out where to begin my novel. I have changed the opening scene so many times in my head but nothing has felt right. I was so worried about starting with a cliché. But today I said the hell with it. My story starts with my mc waking up and it finally feels right.

Pitiful word count today: 55 words (embarrassingly thrilled with this)

The only bad start is the one you put off until tomorrow. It may only be a day away, but that day never gets here! Congrats!

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Today I wrote 6,000 words on my fan fictions combined; 4,000 words on two chapters of Dark Angel of Song and 2,000 words on Rock Star, and I only wrote a little over 1,300 words in My Wife's Brothers, so that's 8,300 words approx. Not what i expected but I couldn't work on MWB that much. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get to 114,000 words. I was one day ahead anyway, so I'm not worried. I expect to finish the first draft of MWB by Jan. 30. :)

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Another 440 so far. Trying to bridge two events together, and I'm a little stumped. I'll have to go read some while I think it over.
I find the best things come to me when my mind's not on the task.

Anna Spargo-Ryan

Just pokin' about
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.annaspargoryan.com
Another 440 so far. Trying to bridge two events together, and I'm a little stumped. I'll have to go read some while I think it over.
I find the best things come to me when my mind's not on the task.

You are rocking this right now!

I managed 1100 words today, but deleted a few as well. I'm sitting on 17,100.

Status
Not open for further replies.