The Finish the Damn Book Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Anna!

Congrats to you on the 500 words, on hard days, 500 words can feel like a marathon. :)

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I did the unbelievable...hitting my 126,000 word mark after starting at 117,164. No fan fiction but I will work on that tomorrow because tomorrow I'm only aiming for a total of 132,000.

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did the unbelievable...hitting my 126,000 word mark after starting at 117,164. No fan fiction but I will work on that tomorrow because tomorrow I'm only aiming for a total of 132,000.

Great stuff Christina!

Kittens Starburst

Registered
Reaction score
So true!

800 for me today, just clocked over 19,000.

Well done! :D

And me too!! I've written 819 words on a work night and in just over two hours. I never, upon never, do that. Completed the scene I started on Sunday.

Not altogether happy with the scene, but will get a chance to scrub it up on Thursday.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
All right, so...

4,623 on My Wife's Brothers (so far, I'm not done, have to get to 132k :) )

1,823 on a story line on my Wife's Brothers that I had originally intended to make a brand-new story but it wound up being a subplot about the characters I'm already writing, so I integrated it into My Wife's Brothers on a much, much later chapter, and after a few edits it'll fit with the rest of the story, but it's the first time in a long time I'd written out of order, so I hope it works out.

6,456 so far

+ 2,000 on one fan fiction

+ 2,000 on the other...

That's a little over 9,000 words. Wish me luck guys.

Last edited:

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't get to work on any of my fan fiction, but...

I did a whopping 6,661 words on a brand new story I started today, in 1 day, and my usual 6,000+ a day on 1319. That's over 12,000 words, folks. It's 2:13 AM and I'm going to bed. Finally.

Spell-it-out

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done! :D

And me too!! I've written 819 words on a work night and in just over two hours. I never, upon never, do that. Completed the scene I started on Sunday.

Not altogether happy with the scene, but will get a chance to scrub it up on Thursday.

Well done Kittens!

Spell-it-out

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's over 12,000 words, folks.

Holy s**t batman! That is great work Christina, well done.

As for me,
I've done 2,600 and 2,900/day so far this week, and I'm sitting at my 1,540 target for the day at the moment (Midday here)
If I find another 350 words I'll break 60k on my WIP!

Last edited:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I've been MIA the last couple of days and I havnt got much to show for it either.
230 words tonight, hopefully tomorrow I can be more productive.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've been MIA the last couple of days and I havnt got much to show for it either.
230 words tonight, hopefully tomorrow I can be more productive.

Still 230 more words moving forward. Work has finally picked up, so I'm having to put the writing on the back burner for the moment.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Did my first 6,000 words of the day in my original fic "1319", and now I'm about to try to do 4,000 words in my fan fiction Rock Star, and finally, I'll try to write three chapters in my other original short-short fic which only has 20 chapters, the shortest work that's not a short story that I've written yet. I'll let you know when I'm done.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
French Maiden, sometimes that's just how it goes. Glad you got the 230 in while you were able today. :)

Ben, there's a lot to be said for the "day job," kinda hard to write when you can't pay the bills/have kids complaining they're hungry, etc.

Christina, have you always been this productive, or did you train yourself using NaNo, or something like that?

Spell-It-Out and Kittens, you've both been super productive!

Anna, I hope you had a beautiful night to yourself, whether you used it for writing or not.

I didn't do any writing yesterday (other than blogging), I gave myself the day off.

Today, I wrote another 1000 words. Much to my shock, I could have kept going if I didn't have to stop and do the Mama thing. :D

WIP: Frag Hag
Goal: 85,000 words by June 1.
Current: 21,100
Daily goal: Still squishy at the moment, trying to get back into the discipline.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
6,200 words today on "1319"
5,458 words on "Sleepwalker"

I axed one of my fan fictions because I just realized 12,000 words a day is the most I can do, so I'm only working on 2 WIP's at the moment. :)

Christina, have you always been this productive, or did you train yourself using NaNo, or something like that?

No, I owe it all to my characters who are always nagging me to write the things they wanna do. I get lost in the story and the next thing I know I've just done thousands upon thousands of words in one day. :) I've never participated in NanoWriMo, but this year I'm planning to.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Great, Anna!

I got about 800 words in today, couldn't quite get back to the groove I was in yesterday, but I'll take it :)

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I have a scene in my head, it's just a matter of getting it to come out. I've been distracted with life recently and it's starting to bug me. I need to make writing a priority again. It's only been a week, but it feels like an eternity.

ChristinaLayton

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I have a scene in my head, it's just a matter of getting it to come out. I've been distracted with life recently and it's starting to bug me. I need to make writing a priority again. It's only been a week, but it feels like an eternity.

I know how you feel. When I'm in an episode of MDD, what hurts the most is not being able to write. I just can't and knowing that makes me sadder. I did 3,300 words on "1319" today and a little more on "Sleepwalker", but I am going to go to sleep now even if it's 8:49 PM here where I live because I'm tired.

AKyber36

Registered
Reaction score
Progress on the WIP short story: 2,585 words. 40 words but actually more, since I had to "murder my darlings" in the section that stumped me and rewrite it a second time. Had to sit still, read some novels on the side, and let my MC prod me on which angle would work out best.

It did. =)

Anna Spargo-Ryan

Just pokin' about
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.annaspargoryan.com
I'm not working on my main WIP today. Finished off a short story instead, one that I'm going to enter in a competition, which I've never done. I've no delusions of winning, but it feels good to be getting it out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.