William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
it's easter weekend. if jesus is really on his side, maybe he'll suck him up through the prison air vents or something...

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
way to take up for the son of god...

i didn't mean suck. i meant that tractor beam thing that he always ascends to heaven on in all those old paintings...

Slushie

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
Jesus doesn't suck.

I have a really evil and immature response to this, but I feel like it'd just get me in time-out and possibly hell, so I'll refrain.:e2bummed:

#

Anyways, this guy will be, what, a hundred when he's eligible for parole. Good. Hope he rots by then. :)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
it's easter weekend. if jesus is really on his side, maybe he'll suck him up through the prison air vents or something...
That's a really sick way to die. It's like putting him through an egg slicer or something. How very 'Saw VIII' of you, Mr. Haskins.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad they're putting that domestic terrorist away, even though it will never bring the good doctor back.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Why do we hold trials for domestic terrorists, but throw foriegn ones into off-shore prisons without trial?

I'm not sure, yet, which method of dealing with terrorists I prefer, but I think its an issue that should be addressed.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Justice system did its job. I seem to recall an earlier thread where doubts about that were expressed. The sentence seems appropriate to me. I'm not opposed categorically to the death penalty (Roeder's parallel state citizen and near namesake, BTK serial killer Dennis Rader, avoided it via a plea deal that stunk, IMO, but that's a digression). Scott Roeder is buried in a max bad prison for the remainder of his life, unless he lives to be 105. He seems extremely unsuited for such an environment. I hope he lives to be about 103, and does not lose his cognizance of where he is or his memory to dementia.

caw

Last edited:

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
My only regret is that medical science does not presently allow us to impregnate men. Because he should spend the rest of his life as a surrogate for all those women whose rights he'd like to deny.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Justice system did its job. I seem to recall an earlier thread where doubts about that were expressed. The sentence seems appropriate to me. I'm not opposed categorically to the death penalty (Roeder's parallel state citizen and near namesake, BTK serial killer Dennis Rader, avoided it via a plea deal that stunk, IMO, but that's a digression).
Another recent trial in Wichita ended with a murderer getting life without parole due to the death penalty getting taken off the table via an extradition agreement with Mexico...

Like you said, justice system did its job in this case...