Favorite Hollywood Writer Stereotype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Chasing the Horizon;48290 91 said:
I don't think anyone could suspend their disbelief that far.

Funny way of putting it :-D
(I still stand by my first post, though.)

I identify with a lot of the Hollywood writer stereotypes. I hate people, look strange (but not unkempt), have no social life . . . yeah, I'm a walking cliche. Except for the fact I keep spiders instead of cats.

Very cool! :)

But they're big and fuzzy and hiss when they're mad, so it's not that different.
Didn't know they hissed. Kinda cute, though I'd probably head for the hills if one did.

Last edited:

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't found any writer stereotype that fits me.

1. Have a family that I love.
2. Great love life.
3. Supportive husband and family.
4. Active in my community.
5. Enjoy talking to people around town.
6. I don't require my muse to get things accomplished.
7. I have Cushings so I can be cantankerous and fat and very tired despite my best efforts and no matter how much sleep I get.
8. I love to cook and am always trying new things. I eat a very high quality diet of home cooked products.
9. Stay at home mom who's trying to make it into the writing industry without sacrificing time and quality with my children.
10. Prefers the outdoors to the city.
11. Love gaming, knives, guns, carpentery, and in general working with my hands whether it be sewing, painting, making pots, or building something. Which makes me so not a typical girl.
12. Love spirited debates that make me think.
13. Don't drink or do drugs, never have, never will - i.e. not tortured soul.
14. Had a good childhood overall though had to grow up quickly due to parental illnesses.

Nope, can't find any stereotype that comes close. If anyone knows of one, lemme know.

Last edited:

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I match any Hollywood stereotype, either, but I'll go with Rick Castle.

Too bad John Wayne never played a writer.

Christyp

Lizard Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Chasing the Horizon....you just about gave me a freaking heart attack! I'm scrolling down the threads reading, and up pops a ginormous spider....I'm severely arachnophobic!

cameron_chapman

Makes Things Up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cameronchapman.com
I'm partial to the way Beatrix Potter was portrayed in Miss Potter. I particularly liked the way her characters came to life for her...I'd say I identify with her more than any other writer stereotypes. Though I also identify with all the writer-as-loner stereotypes, too.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I have to groan whenever one of these "tortured artist" characters opens the fridge and we see they subsist on Chinese food and alcohol.
You mean you guys don't?

<< >>

*hides empty cans and leftover takeaway*

Actually if I lived alone I would be the female Jonny Depp in Secret Window, because I'd have no one to make me realise my delusions aren't real

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I have to say that Joan Wilder made an impression on me (I was fairly young when that movie came out) and in my mind, THAT is what a writer should be like. Not so much the living alone with a cat, but the sobbing at your own words at the end of the story, celebrating the triumphant conclusion with a tasty beverage... Yeah, I'm kinda like that. ;)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jenny on The L Word. Quiet, awkward, shy, unsure of her sexuality, she gets a multi-million dollar contract (the publisher flew out to Los Angeles to deliver the advance check to her personally!) and suddenly becomes a stone b!tch.

And if by "favorite", you mean "what's one more unrealistic storyline on the show, anyway?", then, yeah.

Last edited:

wrangler

Dearest Strumpets and Knaves:
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...good question.

I am fond of my solitude. In fact, I am planning a move to the Pocono Mountains in the very near future to keep things this way.

Friends and family see me as the "life of the party." But despite this, after a friend was hospitalized for a suicide attempt years ago, admitted they do "worry" about me at times.

I MUST spend part of my day outdoors in the open air. This does WONDERS for me, truly.

Nothing more than an occasional drink, although in my early 20's there was heavy drug usage. Married for ten years, together for 14 --and still going strong.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
I haven't found any writer stereotype that fits me.

1. Have a family that I love.
2. Great love life.
3. Supportive husband and family.
4. Active in my community.
5. Enjoy talking to people around town.
6. I don't require my muse to get things accomplished.
7. I have Cushings so I can be cantankerous and fat and very tired despite my best efforts and no matter how much sleep I get.
8. I love to cook and am always trying new things. I eat a very high quality diet of home cooked products.
9. Stay at home mom who's trying to make it into the writing industry without sacrificing time and quality with my children.
10. Prefers the outdoors to the city.
11. Love gaming, knives, guns, carpentery, and in general working with my hands whether it be sewing, painting, making pots, or building something. Which makes me so not a typical girl.
12. Love spirited debates that make me think.
13. Don't drink or do drugs, never have, never will - i.e. not tortured soul.
14. Had a good childhood overall though had to grow up quickly due to parental illnesses.

Nope, can't find any stereotype that comes close. If anyone knows of one, lemme know.
Don't make me come over there. :D

Well done, Ice!

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I do feel sometimes like I don't fit into any of the writer cliches that we see.

Ok, so I drink alot. But that;s negated by the fact that I'm Irish. Other than that I feel that I'm pretty well adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.