AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Query Letters

practical experience, FTW Outlaw's Avatar

Query Letters

Okay, okay, I know I have not been around in some time, but I need some advice on Query Letters. I am closing in on the end of my MS Thane's Way and want to start tinkering with query letters. I have no idea where to start and what's the best, so I'm pleading for your help. I've seen inthe Agents Thread that some have done this a few times.

Help.

BTW, I'm marketing the story as a Supernatural Thriller.

Outlaw

New edition of my third-ever book! AW Moderator Calla Lily's Avatar
    Go to Query Letter hell in the Share Your Work forum (password: vista). At the top of QLH are several how-to stickies written by AWers who have experience and success at queries. Read them and they'll help you avoid most of the mistakes new queriers make.

You can also post your query there for feedback, but be warned: QLH is not for the faint of heart.

practical experience, FTW Outlaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by callalily61 View Post
    Go to Query Letter hell in the Share Your Work forum (password: vista). At the top of QLH are several how-to stickies written by AWers who have experience and success at queries. Read them and they'll help you avoid most of the mistakes new queriers make.

You can also post your query there for feedback, but be warned: QLH is not for the faint of heart.

Thanks, Call, I will do just that.