Summer Convention Schedule -- Who will be where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
I'll be at ACFW in Indy Sept. 17-21 and yesterday my pub called and asked if I planned to attend BEA - apparently they'd like to have me do that. Now to go squeeze the conf. budget 'til it screams for mercy.

JoB, by the way, lovely cover on the reissue.

Kryianna

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering going to RT. Is it worth taking three days off of work? The sessions look awesome, but I haven't been writing much recently, so I keep second guessing myself on going.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
2nd that it's absolutely worth the time. It's energizing being around so many other writers. It makes you feel almost . . . normal. Like AW, but with bouncing, screaming people that gets the creativity flowing. :D

job

In the end, it's just you and the manuscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joannabourne.com
JoB, by the way, lovely cover on the reissue.

Thanks so much. I do love it.
Though I rather liked the cachet of having a Nathan Kamp cover.

I'll admit I'm nervous, having a reissue. Maybe it was just a small printing. Does anyone buy reprints?

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Heh. I just want to make sure I'm not hiding in a corner by the end of the second day, hoping frantically that someone will come and talk to me.

:ROFL:

:Like that would happen. Right now the greatest horror is that I had to buy new clothes (business casual hasn't been in my vocabulary for years) and that they all fit. :( *sigh* I used to be so skinny. Darn back surgeries.

At any rate, at this point I'm just hoping I survive. I'm looking forward to the workshops but the running around? Not so much. Maybe I'll get lucky and all that expensive promo stuff will do all that I hope it does.

job

In the end, it's just you and the manuscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joannabourne.com
Libraries! ;)

I understand some writers aren't enthusiastic about library sales -- because it's fewer books sold or something.

I love the thought of being in a library. Oh wow.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
I understand some writers aren't enthusiastic about library sales -- because it's fewer books sold or something.

I love the thought of being in a library. Oh wow.

I personally love library sales, because I think of them as investments. If someone likes my book when they check it out at the library, then when the next one comes out and they see it on the shelf, they might buy it to read right away, rather than wait to get it at the library.

Plus, I think people are far more willing to try out books at a library than they are at the bookstore. :)

But maybe that is the Suzy Sunshine in me. :)

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I personally love library sales, because I think of them as investments. If someone likes my book when they check it out at the library, then when the next one comes out and they see it on the shelf, they might buy it to read right away, rather than wait to get it at the library.

Plus, I think people are far more willing to try out books at a library than they are at the bookstore. :)

But maybe that is the Suzy Sunshine in me. :)

No, I think you're quite right about this. It's exactly how I found many authors I adore and I have ordered from Amazon or hit the bookstore looking for more after the library exposure. Most of the time they (library) only have some of a series, or I've stumbled on an older book so...got to get the rest, ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.