VA Writer

LRGiles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lrgiles.com
Hi, my name is L. R. Giles. I've heard great things about the Absolute Write forums and I wanted to participate, so here I am.

Brief background: I've been writing for more than 20 years with a few pro credits to my name. My fantasy novel The Darkness Kept was a Top 10 finalist in the 2009 Tor UK and SciFi Now “War of the Words” competition. I am a recipient of the 2006-2007 Virginia Commission for the Arts Fiction Fellowship. And, I’m a three-time contributor to the Dark Dreams anthology series edited by author Brandon Massey for Kensington Publishing (Dark Dreams, 2004; Voices from the Other Side, 2006; Whispers in the Night, 2007).

I'm hoping to make some new friends and contribute to discussions whenever possible. I look forward to whatever comes next...

L.R. Giles
www.lrgiles.com
@LRGiles
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's our pleasure to welcome you. Dig in!

Maryn, full of food metaphors today

Lady Akkia

Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy: Welcome Sir Giles! Everything you heard was true. Everyone here are great and helpful. Just about everything you could ask for is right here in the boards. See ya around the Water Cooler. <^.^>
-Lady Akkia

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

x

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Traditional Irish Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
Well fancy that!

"Rep point" coming your way for being a Hampton Roads guy.

To check your reps, click the button on the top left-hand corner which says "User CP."

Welcome to the Cooler! :)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: I'm sending you a rep too just because Virginia is For Lovers

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the cooler, LR. Congrats on your successes! btw, any relations to the Dr. Giles who is the top cataract surgeon? Just wondered...

mmule

New Munk
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, my name is L. R. Giles. I've heard great things about the Absolute Write forums and I wanted to participate, so here I am.

Brief background: I've been writing for more than 20 years with a few pro credits to my name. My fantasy novel The Darkness Kept was a Top 10 finalist in the 2009 Tor UK and SciFi Now “War of the Words” competition. I am a recipient of the 2006-2007 Virginia Commission for the Arts Fiction Fellowship. And, I’m a three-time contributor to the Dark Dreams anthology series edited by author Brandon Massey for Kensington Publishing (Dark Dreams, 2004; Voices from the Other Side, 2006; Whispers in the Night, 2007).

I'm hoping to make some new friends and contribute to discussions whenever possible. I look forward to whatever comes next...

L.R. Giles
www.lrgiles.com
@LRGiles

Good luck from a fellow Noob!