The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Mulcahy Conway Associates Ltd / Mulcahy Associates

practical experience, FTW

[Agency] Mulcahy Conway Associates Ltd / Mulcahy Associates

UK Agency. Seems to represent a reasonably broad range of fiction and non-fiction without getting too specific about what it is they do and do not want. P&E mentions them but doesn't list any specifics.

Here's the webpage: http://www.mca-agency.com/index.php

Anyone have any dealings with them?
    If you live in or around Calgary, Alberta Canada and are looking for a supportive writing group, send me a PM.
    We also have sister chapters in a couple different cities in Saskatchewan.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. kaitie's Avatar
    Is it dorky that I'd want to submit to this guy just because his name was Mulcahy?

Who's going for a beer? waylander's Avatar
    Some major names amongst their client list

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    There are a lot of TV/film writers on their books and quite a few political journalists. Definitely a good agency to be picked up by.

MM

Two years ago, I queried Laetitia Rutherford with partial and synopsis. A few months later she emailed me very nicely, apologising for the delay and asking if I had found representation, and if not, requesting the full.

I replied that at the moment I was revising the ms for another agent, and also a non-fiction book for a US agent, and that I'd get back to her if the agent declined the ms. Which she did. But I never got back to Laetitia. (I have the bad habit of totally losing interest in old mss once I start writing something else, and that's what happened. I have a whole collection of unsold, unagented mss as a result.)

I've just contacted her again with something new, reminding her of our correspondence back then. She replied, saying she remembers as she recently came across the emails, and requesting the ms...

Sent it off this am. (I do have an agent for the non-fix book which never sold. He isn't inserted in my fiction and doesn't have the contacts, so....)
    OUT NOW!
    The Lost Daughter of India
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

Braving the query mountains Cel_Fleur's Avatar
    I believe the agency is now simply called 'Mulcahy Associates', so the thread title might need changing.

Anyone had any recent interactions with this agency? Flashy website and they definitely deal with a great range of fiction (I didn't look at the non-fiction because that's not my interest, but, in a glance, that looks wide-ranging, too), magical realism/contemp. fantasy, too.

Although the high profile of some of their celeb clients would usually make me hesitate, I think I will submit to them, because of the extent of their titles. There's some great written British books on their list.
    Silent by day; pretentious by night.

"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Currently...juggling the lives in my head.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    "Mulcahy Conway Associates Ltd trading as Mulcahy Associates", so both names still in play.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Merged with Milburn Browning in '16 to form MMB Creative: http://mmbcreative.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: