• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] powerHouse Books

Pookiestoop

Registered
Reaction score
An established writer asked me to check out powerHouse Publishing to publish a picture book I wrote for my mother. I notice they ask for $250 for powerHouse Submissions Programme.

I have never of such a thing and was wondering if this was appropriate. I cannot find anywhere online to research the company. Thanks in advance. P

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
I see several that could be it. Do you have a link?

Edit. Seems to be this one. Apparently they work with companies to produce books.

Last edited:

Pookiestoop

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what $250 covers, does not say online. Are there hidden fees after you pay? They want your money first then they will submit guidelines and so on, but what is $250 for? Book production, editing, etc?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Updating link: http://www.powerhousebooks.com/ Has added children's imprint, POW!

I have no idea what $250 covers, does not say online. Are there hidden fees after you pay? They want your money first then they will submit guidelines and so on, but what is $250 for? Book production, editing, etc?
(Updated sub link) "The powerHouse Submissions Programme will get your work reviewed by our editors and is designed to give you positive direction and insight into the book publishing industry.... In addition to considering your work for publication, we will provide you with a detailed critique of your project and ideas as to how to better tailor it for the current book market."

So, at best, it's a pricey critique.