The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] powerHouse Books

figuring it all out

Smile [Publisher] powerHouse Books

An established writer asked me to check out powerHouse Publishing to publish a picture book I wrote for my mother. I notice they ask for $250 for powerHouse Submissions Programme.

I have never of such a thing and was wondering if this was appropriate. I cannot find anywhere online to research the company. Thanks in advance. P

I see several that could be it. Do you have a link?

Edit. Seems to be this one. Apparently they work with companies to produce books.
    Last edited by JulieB; 03-19-2010 at 02:01 AM.

figuring it all out
    I have no idea what $250 covers, does not say online. Are there hidden fees after you pay? They want your money first then they will submit guidelines and so on, but what is $250 for? Book production, editing, etc?

If they're asking for money, that's all you need to know. Run away. Fast.
    Changing Gears (available now) -- Winning the race doesn’t equal winning at life.

The DragonSpawn Cycle: AutumnQuest | WinterMaejic | SpringFire | SummerDanse available for Kindle

Author website | Author blog

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Updating link: http://www.powerhousebooks.com/ Has added children's imprint, POW!

Quote Originally Posted by Pookiestoop View Post
    I have no idea what $250 covers, does not say online. Are there hidden fees after you pay? They want your money first then they will submit guidelines and so on, but what is $250 for? Book production, editing, etc?
    (Updated sub link) "The powerHouse Submissions Programme will get your work reviewed by our editors and is designed to give you positive direction and insight into the book publishing industry.... In addition to considering your work for publication, we will provide you with a detailed critique of your project and ideas as to how to better tailor it for the current book market."

So, at best, it's a pricey critique.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: