The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Puente Agency (Saritza Hernandez)

Abnormal Romance Author thethinker42's Avatar

The Puente Agency (Saritza Hernandez)

Besides the agent's website, I've found little or no information about this agent. Anyone have any personal experience? Looks like a new agency.
    Lori
    Website * Blog * Twitter

AW Library: Lauren Gallagher * L. A. Witt * Lori A. Witt * Ann Gallagher

In-Progress:
    Bouncing Back (Wilde's #9) - 36,249 / 75,000
    Cover-Up (Skin Deep Inc #3) - 30,014 / 75,000

Now Available - At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. kaitie's Avatar
    It looks like her experience is all in textbook publishing, but I really don't understand what she means about serving fanfic authors. I don't see anything saying which genres she prefers, just that she's looking to help fanfic authors learn to write for the mainstream or something of that sort. That seems a bit odd to me, but I'm not sure I'd submit to her in general just based on the lack of fiction experience, at least not unless she had sales to back her up.

practical experience, FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by thethinker42 View Post
    Besides the agent's website, I've found little or no information about this agent. Anyone have any personal experience? Looks like a new agency.

Selected quotes from website.

"... looking to represent new and established authors in the digital marketplace...a new agency in the industry, we are not accepting queries at the moment but will do so very soon...."

Ahhh...an epub-only agent. Soon to accept queries. Soon.

--Stan

Quote Originally Posted by kaitie View Post
    It looks like her experience is all in textbook publishing, but I really don't understand what she means about serving fanfic authors. I don't see anything saying which genres she prefers, just that she's looking to help fanfic authors learn to write for the mainstream or something of that sort. That seems a bit odd to me, but I'm not sure I'd submit to her in general just based on the lack of fiction experience, at least not unless she had sales to back her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanmiller View Post
    Selected quotes from website.

"... looking to represent new and established authors in the digital marketplace...a new agency in the industry, we are not accepting queries at the moment but will do so very soon...."

Ahhh...an epub-only agent. Soon to accept queries. Soon.

--Stan
    Those put up some red flags for me too. I wasn't planning to query, but thought it would be a good idea to get a thread going.
    Lori
    Website * Blog * Twitter

In-Progress:

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. kaitie's Avatar
    Something else I noticed is that she's got one sale listed, but the sale is to a publisher that accepts unagented submissions. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does make me question how involved she was in it (and whether the author couldn't have done it on their own).

I noticed that too. In fact, I'm published with that same publisher.
    Lori
    Website * Blog * Twitter

In-Progress:

paranormal erotic romance gingerwoman's Avatar
    Here is her blog-http://saritzahernandez.blogspot.com/p/deal-sheet.html I just wonder what she has to offer writers when these epubs are all open to unagented submissions. What does she offer in return for whatever percentage she takes of what one would suspect are limited sales.
    I'm not being close minded about this. Maybe there is something being offered that I don't realize or understand?
    Paranormal Romance -Menage - Erotic Romance from Samhain Publishing 4th place for Best Published Paranormal in the Passionate Plume award.

Read the blurb for Wicked Safari and buy it here.

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
    http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/

practical experience, FTW firedrake's Avatar
    I must admit, I'm curious as to why you'd need an agent in a marketplace where an agent isn't required.

I'm assuming there's some benefit that has yet to become clear.

*shrugs*

Her website has been updated to say that she's now receiving guidance from the Lori Perkins Agency where she is "currently representing authors in electronic publishing."

I'm with the rest of you in wondering how exactly she's planning on making this e-agenting work. In the theoretical future, all agents might be doing only electronic sales, but that seems pretty far off. And theoretical.

Mastering the art of telepathy. ladyjerusalem's Avatar
    Putting in my two cents here.

Saritza requested my full in March and has given me a few months lead time. I've been eagerly following up with her blog and updates on the L. Perkins website. It looks like she works very closely with print agents on her projects. If you watch her activity on the conferences she goes on, she's very intense, militant even, about her participation in events. She seems to take her job very seriously. I am not at all wary about my submission to her, and I kudos her trying to break into the most productive area of publishing right now. Print sales were less than digital sales last year, and she only strikes me as smart in attempting to exploit that.

I'll let you know if I have any more interaction with Saritza that is worthy of updating this post. Definitely feel she is a good bet at this point. Call it instinct or whatever. She has a passion for her work and takes it as a duty.
    "If I still think it's brilliant tomorrow, it might actually be."

JJ Martin

Query Letter Help:
    http://www.guidetoliteraryagents.com...ulQueries.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjerusalem View Post
    Print sales were less than digital sales last year, and she only strikes me as smart in attempting to exploit that.
    Link please?
    The Girl's Guide to (Man)Hunting - Available May 1, 2012. Amazon | B&N |Goodreads

www.jessica-sims.com
    www.jillmyles.com
    http://jessica-clare.com

Mastering the art of telepathy. ladyjerusalem's Avatar
    "If I still think it's brilliant tomorrow, it might actually be."

JJ Martin

Query Letter Help:
    http://www.guidetoliteraryagents.com...ulQueries.aspx

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Joined the Corvisiero Literary Agency in Summer '12.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: